An Old School Catholic Message Board

St. Dominic's Feast Day

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' post='1356285' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:18 AM']On that note, do any of you give regularly to a specific religious order? Or just maybe on special occasions?[/quote]

I do give regularly to one Benedictine community here in Missouri. Since I became aware of Phatmass, I've also donated to some of the communities that have accepted Phatmass members, particularly the smaller and less publicized orders. I am able to do this now because all my kids are out of high school and college, so we have fewer kid-related expenses. We don't talk much about vocations in my parish, so I feel that participating by donation helps support all these new vocations around the country.

VeniteAdoremus

Well, since I'm broke and getting broker every year until I graduate, I keep it at donating time... And even that completely in my own interest, since the Blue Sisters are wonderful. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well... St. Dominic's feast day has come and gone. But in celebrating his order, I wanted to share with you the new and improved website of the (Central) Province of St. Albert the Great. [b][url="http://domcentral.org/index.php"]HERE[/url][/b]
I go to school with many/most of their brothers in formation and they are near and dear to my heart!

:clap: Dominicans :clap:

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1352955' date='Aug 8 2007, 01:19 PM']We had the entire CFR novitiate over for Mass. It's a tradition that the FRANKS and DOGS get together on this day as we BOTH consider St. Dominic AND St. Francis OUR HOLY FATHER.

Then we talked and talked and someone gave us a lucious chocolate cake for Dinner!

We have the A/C on in choir ALL DAY! That's a treat!

Most of all, we sing the office of St. Dominic in great solemnity! We just enjoy being together.

If it were cooler we'd play a game outside but it's too humid! Maybe this afternoon we'll play "Miniature pool'! I'm not kidding! It's a table top pool table! It's great fun! Just my speed.

HAPPY FEAST TO ALL! THANKS ALICE MARY for your greetings![/quote]

Hahaha. :lol_pound: Yeah sorry about this year that I couldnt get a homily to you guys.

I have this tradition, three days before St. Dom's feast day, first day I do a story about him, second day I post pictures, and third day I write a homily on a trait or something that St. Dom showed and how we can apply it as Dominicans to our daily life. I spent St. Dominic's day at a monastery it was amazing, someone entered. Long story. :thumbsup: