An Old School Catholic Message Board

St. Dominic's Feast Day

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' post='1352991' date='Aug 8 2007, 02:43 PM']On a side note, if any of you are ever planning to visit the Nashville Dominicans, PLEASE let me know! I'd love to come meet you, as I still have yet to meet any phatmassers in person. I know they've announced their retreat schedule for this year,[url="http://www.nashvilledominican.org/News/Retreat%20Schedule/Index.htm"] check it[/url]. I'll definitely be on the first Jesu Caritas weekend this October.

Yay Dominicans!!!!!![/quote]
I was there this past May--it's amazing how far the motherhouse has come in one year since the end of the construction.

Do you know when the sisters receive the habit and make vows? Two girls from St. Louis will have new names! And a friend of mine from grade school is making first vows. It's very exciting!

Deus te Amat

this is random, but do you know Sister Teresa Anne? she just left the Novitiate and is now a full sister

Edited by Deus_te_Amat

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1352997' date='Aug 8 2007, 02:59 PM']this is random, but do you know Sister Teresa Anne? she just left the Novitiate[/quote]
Yes I think I remember the face/name.... yes, I just checked on their website (she's one of the sisters under Community-Sister Profiles). She left the novitiate? Many prayers, may she walk with God always.

Deus te Amat

no no ... i mean, shes no longer a novice... shes taken her first profession but is no longer a novice... a full sister

sorry...

no i'm just really good friends with her sister, i was just seeing if anyone knew her lol

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

[quote name='shortnun' post='1352996' date='Aug 8 2007, 01:58 PM']I was there this past May--it's amazing how far the motherhouse has come in one year since the end of the construction.

Do you know when the sisters receive the habit and make vows? Two girls from St. Louis will have new names! And a friend of mine from grade school is making first vows. It's very exciting![/quote]

The postulants received the Holy Habit of St. Dominic on July 27th. Final vows were on July 29th, and First Vows on July 30th. Sadly, I was out of the country!!! I still have yet to attend a vow ceremony. I've emailed Sr. Mary Emily to see how everything went, but she hasn't responded. It's a VERY busy time for them now, not only with all the cermonies and schools starting up again, but also the Knights of Columbus Convention is in Nashville right now, with thousands of Knights and their families converging on Nashville, along with a hundred Bishops and Cardinals and even more priests, AND Cardinal Bertone, the Vatican Secretary of State!

I've been keeping track of it all on my blog, [url="http://malaroux.blogspot.com"]This is for Glory[/url]. Check it out!

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1353003' date='Aug 8 2007, 03:15 PM']no no ... i mean, shes no longer a novice... shes taken her first profession but is no longer a novice... a full sister

sorry...

no i'm just really good friends with her sister, i was just seeing if anyone knew her lol[/quote]
Ahhh... I suppose that's how rumors get started. Sorry!

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' post='1353010' date='Aug 8 2007, 03:24 PM']The postulants received the Holy Habit of St. Dominic on July 27th. Final vows were on July 29th, and First Vows on July 30th. Sadly, I was out of the country!!! I still have yet to attend a vow ceremony. I've emailed Sr. Mary Emily to see how everything went, but she hasn't responded. It's a VERY busy time for them now, not only with all the cermonies and schools starting up again, but also the Knights of Columbus Convention is in Nashville right now, with thousands of Knights and their families converging on Nashville, along with a hundred Bishops and Cardinals and even more priests, AND Cardinal Bertone, the Vatican Secretary of State!

I've been keeping track of it all on my blog, [url="http://malaroux.blogspot.com"]This is for Glory[/url]. Check it out![/quote]
That early! Wow, I thought it was all closer to the Feast of St. Dominic. Good for them... yes, sometimes Sr. Mary Emily can be quite busy with all her emails. :topsy:

Well, fond of the Benedictines as I am, I did send a modest donation down to the Dominican
Monastery of St. Jude in Alabama after getting a note from a former phatmasser who is receiving her habit today. :saint:

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1352955' date='Aug 8 2007, 01:19 PM']We had the entire CFR novitiate over for Mass. It's a tradition that the FRANKS and DOGS get together on this day as we BOTH consider St. Dominic AND St. Francis OUR HOLY FATHER.[/quote]

So cool!

[quote name='smc']If it were cooler we'd play a game outside but it's too humid! Maybe this afternoon we'll play "Miniature pool'! I'm not kidding! It's a table top pool table! It's great fun! Just my speed.[/quote]

I hear ya. We had a heat index of 107 today with like 100% humidity... and I was out in a for a bit of the day. sweeeaaaat.

Edited by Totus Tuus

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

Just heard back from Sr. Mary Emily!

She says they had an incredible day at the Motherhouse. Cardinal Bertone, who is in town for the Knights of Columbus Convention, came to visit them and brought greetings to them from Pope Benedict!! She seemed ecstatic.

She said that the photos of the recent ceremonies would be up in a couple days. Their nine new postulants entered 3 days ago and are doing well!

That's the news from the Nashville front!

HAPPY ST. DOMINIC!!!!!

Edited by Ave Maria Totus Tuus

Lioness For Christ

Well... I guess you can say I sorta "celebrated" I ordered two books from the library and was able to get them today--both Dominican! One is Holy Teaching which is a selected section of the Summa Theologica with some explanation... (let's see if it's not too over my head!) and Amata Means Beloved by you know who! ;)

And at work I was naming the seagulls after Dominicans...

There was Catherine, Rose, Dominic, Reginold, Pier Georgio, and Thomas... haha...

Deus te Amat

lol you guys make me happy!

i read most of a biography of st. dominic... i wore black and white for this special occasion... attended mass and a vocations supper...

hard to believe its another year til we do it again :P

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='stlmom' post='1353081' date='Aug 8 2007, 04:38 PM']Well, fond of the Benedictines as I am, I did send a modest donation down to the Dominican
Monastery of St. Jude in Alabama after getting a note from a former phatmasser who is receiving her habit today. :saint:[/quote]
Oh yeah!!! Wonderful news!

[quote name='stlmom' post='1353081' date='Aug 8 2007, 05:38 PM']Well, fond of the Benedictines as I am, I did send a modest donation down to the Dominican
Monastery of St. Jude in Alabama after getting a note from a former phatmasser who is receiving her habit today. :saint:[/quote]

Good for you! They are so appreciative of that I am sure.

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

[quote name='stlmom' post='1353081' date='Aug 8 2007, 04:38 PM']Well, fond of the Benedictines as I am, I did send a modest donation down to the Dominican

On that note, do any of you give regularly to a specific religious order? Or just maybe on special occasions?