An Old School Catholic Message Board

St. Dominic's Feast Day

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

So I know our wonderful Vocation Station is chock-full of Dominican lovers.

Any of you, lay or religious, planning on doing anything special in honor of our wonderful Saint Dominic?

Deus te Amat

i'm a Dominican lover!!!

i'm not sure yet... i know i'm going to be going to do a Holy hour for certain... but i do that when i can anyway.... hmm...... if any of you had suggestions that would be amazing

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1352619' date='Aug 7 2007, 10:43 PM']i'm a Dominican lover!!!

i'm not sure yet... i know i'm going to be going to do a Holy hour for certain... but i do that when i can anyway.... hmm...... if any of you had suggestions that would be amazing[/quote]

I sadly am not currently in Nashville, because if I was I'd be partying-it-up with the Nashville Dominicans! They really know how to have a good time on big feast days, especially St. Dominic's. All I've got nothing planned for myself except Mass and a Rosary... I need some ideas too!

Deus te Amat

oh i wish i were in Nashville!!! anyone wanna set up an emergency nun run? please?

mass... that would be so nice..... :(

hmm...

we should plan topray a certain prayer at the same time in honor of him, and his teachings and all those following his lifestyle.. perhaps?

Ora et Labora

i'll go on an emergency nun run!! :D i've bever been to the nashville dominicans...and i'm dying to go!

VeniteAdoremus

Me too :)

In the meantime... I might have an ice cream in his honour ;) Oh, and I just changed my pink bedsheets for black and white, does that count? :D

No, seriously, I brought my breviary to the lab today for the feast. But I haven't used it yet :blush:

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' post='1352557' date='Aug 7 2007, 11:06 PM']So I know our wonderful Vocation Station is chock-full of Dominican lovers.

Any of you, lay or religious, planning on doing anything special in honor of our wonderful Saint Dominic?[/quote]
Well... I go to (work at) a Dominican school... and we're celebrating with Mass and an ice-cream social (it's also a going-away party).

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' post='1352631' date='Aug 7 2007, 11:59 PM']I sadly am not currently in Nashville, because if I was I'd be partying-it-up with the Nashville Dominicans! They really know how to have a good time on big feast days, especially St. Dominic's. All I've got nothing planned for myself except Mass and a Rosary... I need some ideas too![/quote]
Did you get a copy of their August e-newsletter? It was so delightful and full of wonderful "Dominic" things.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1352753' date='Aug 8 2007, 09:17 AM']In the meantime... I might have an ice cream in his honour ;) Oh, and I just changed my pink bedsheets for black and white, does that count? :D[/quote]
Yesterday, I put on a black and white skirt and thought to myself "I have to save this for tomorrow!" So I swapped that skirt with a blue one and I'm wearing all black and white today! :D:

Happy Feast Day to all! Special thoughts go out to our Summit Dominicans and their chock full novitiate. Believe me when I tell you, cloistered nuns know how to make the day very special.

Deus te Amat

turns out i CAN go to mass today :D...

and a vocations dinner....

yay st. dominic!!!!

i'm also going to go to adoration in honor of his feastday and pray over my discernment.... i'd go anyway, but now i have an excuse :P

Sr Mary Catharine OP

We had the entire CFR novitiate over for Mass. It's a tradition that the FRANKS and DOGS get together on this day as we BOTH consider St. Dominic AND St. Francis OUR HOLY FATHER.

Then we talked and talked and someone gave us a lucious chocolate cake for Dinner!

We have the A/C on in choir ALL DAY! That's a treat!

Most of all, we sing the office of St. Dominic in great solemnity! We just enjoy being together.

If it were cooler we'd play a game outside but it's too humid! Maybe this afternoon we'll play "Miniature pool'! I'm not kidding! It's a table top pool table! It's great fun! Just my speed.

HAPPY FEAST TO ALL! THANKS ALICE MARY for your greetings!

Chiquitunga

[size=4][center][font="Garamond"][b][i]Happy Feast day, St. Dominic![/i] [/b]

[img]http://www.todayscatholicworld.com/st-dominic-rosary.jpg[/img]
[/font][/center][/size]

Yep, the Franciscans also consider him their Holy Father. :saint: I think that's pretty cool - and visa versa with the Dominicans and St. Francis. :)

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

Yay, I love all the responses! I'm wearing white today. Sr. Mary Catharine, so awesome how you converge with the Franciscans today! Talk about two incredible men in Sts. Francis and Dominic.

Yes, I did get the most recent Nashville Dominicans, full of Dominic goodness indeed!

On a side note, if any of you are ever planning to visit the Nashville Dominicans, PLEASE let me know! I'd love to come meet you, as I still have yet to meet any phatmassers in person. I know they've announced their retreat schedule for this year,[url="http://www.nashvilledominican.org/News/Retreat%20Schedule/Index.htm"] check it[/url]. I'll definitely be on the first Jesu Caritas weekend this October.

Yay Dominicans!!!!!!