An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Catholics Who Think Satan Is Now Bound

Budge

[b]Amillenialism teaches that Satan is bound...

Satan isnt bound yet...

In fact the bounding of Satan happens in Revelation 20, the second coming in Christ in Revelation 19...how do you explain that...???[/b]

[quote]FROM REV 19:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.[/quote]

[quote]FROM REV 20:

1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

[b]2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,[/b]

3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.[/quote]

Better rethink some of the amillenialism...

[quote name='Budge' post='1347134' date='Aug 2 2007, 11:44 AM'][b]Amillenialism teaches that Satan is bound...

Satan isnt bound yet...

In fact the bounding of Satan happens in Revelation 20, the second coming in Christ in Revelation 19...how do you explain that...???[/b]
Better rethink some of the amillenialism...[/quote]
The book of revelation details what happened in the beginning, what happened on the cross, what is happening now, and what will happen at the end of time. God exists outside of time. Satan will not be [b]completely[/b] bound until the apocalypse, but he isn't given full reign over death. Christ set up His church, and the powers of hell will not prevail against it. In the end, Satan will have zero influence on anything outside of Hell, as all souls will be in Hell or in Heaven -- Earth will cease to be.

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1347268' date='Aug 2 2007, 10:04 AM']We have exorcists for a reason, Budge.[/quote]

Too true! And might I add, praised be Jesus Christ for giving the strength to His priests to cast out demons!

Groo the Wanderer

Budgie is back! Let the games begin! Huzzah!!

Lemme ask you Budge...why the heck do you still think the Bible is written and arranged in chronological order? I guess, based on your line of thought that there is a mirror Earth floating around somewhere that began with a different Adam and Eve? After all Genesis 1 tells the story of creation, then Genesis 2 tells it again, but a tad bit differently....must be two Earths/Adams/Eves....

Budge,

Please show me a real Catholic site that says what you claim.

No real Catholic thinks that Satan is bound.

God Bless,
ironmonk

saint_wannabe

we do?

btw Budge, whats your avatar supposed to signify? it has the ten commandments crossed out and 9? just wondering

It's a (not so) subtle jab at the Church's numbering of the Ten Commandments. She thinks that the first should be split into two, and women should be listed as property.

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1351339' date='Aug 6 2007, 02:57 PM']property...?...?...?

:mellow:[/quote]

Yes...Budge's rendition of the numbering combines #9 and #10. Making women the equivalent of property.

White Knight

The Book of Revelation is divided into three groups.

"Past, Present, and Future."

Some of the events in the book have already happened, some are happening now, others are what will happen in the future.

Satan is defeated... period. and he will be bound coming after the Great Judgement, however its not here yet obviously so hes not bound "yet."

Like my predacessors have already claimed in the posts above me, No Real Catholic believes Satan is bound now, and this is why we have exorcists for a reason to fight against him. I must admit you're tactics are getting a bit old and repetitive. Your outragous claims will get you no where Budge.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='kateri05' post='1351500' date='Aug 6 2007, 07:20 PM']you mean my husband doesn't own me, along with his cattle and goats? :mellow:[/quote]
Well, he does, but we don't like to say it "officially." :P:

jk

[quote name='Raphael' post='1353720' date='Aug 9 2007, 07:55 AM']Well, he does, but we don't like to say it "officially." :P:

jk[/quote]

lol