An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholics: Not Peculiar People At All?

Budge

I am an ex-Catholic so I know the difference between the teachings of Roman Catholicism, the true gospel and what is in God's Word.

Could there be a saved Catholic? Sure, but once a Catholic trusts in Jesus Christ as their savior, and not in Purgatory to cleanse their sins totally, Eucharist and more, they cease to be Catholic and the Holy Spirit will be calling them out.

Ive had several Catholics inform me that Catholics are "born again" at baptism. That has to be one of the worse teachings out there, given how many go on to be atheists, secularists and total Christ-rejecters who grew up Catholic {I include myself among that equation, since I was a Unitarian universalist for years after being a Cradle Catholic before I was born again and became a Christian}

Let me ask you,

Are you born agian?

And WHEN did you become born again?

[quote name='Budge' post='1349457' date='Aug 4 2007, 09:42 AM']I am an ex-Catholic so I know the difference between the teachings of Roman Catholicism, the true gospel and what is in God's Word.[/quote]

That doesn't mean you're knowledgeable about what the Church teaches. Your posts here and elsewhere have proven that you are not.

Hey thats nothing to new to me.

Just another Catholic apologist technique, claiming ignorance for the messenger instead of listening to the message.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Budge' post='1349469' date='Aug 4 2007, 09:52 AM']Hey thats nothing to new to me.

Just another Catholic apologist technique, claiming ignorance for the messenger instead of listening to the message.[/quote]
Well, if you demonstrated knowledge of any kind about the Church's teachings, then no one would be saying you are ignorant of them.

[quote name='Budge' post='1349469' date='Aug 4 2007, 09:52 AM']Hey thats nothing to new to me.

Just another Catholic apologist technique, claiming ignorance for the messenger instead of listening to the message.[/quote]

It's the truth though.

You have never shown anything resembling even the smallest bit of knowledge about the Church.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Budge' post='1349475' date='Aug 4 2007, 10:01 AM']"knowledge" according to your definitions would mean I agree with them.

I do not.[/quote]
Knowledge means you KNOW what the Church teaches, without having to believe it. Knowledge means you at least understand where our basis for belief comes from, and are willing to admit that if you can use the Bible to back your claims, so can we. Believe me, we've had much longer to examine our beliefs... 2,000 years you know.

[quote name='Budge' post='1349457' date='Aug 4 2007, 11:42 AM']since I was a Unitarian universalist for years after being a Cradle Catholic before I was born again and became a Christian.[/quote]
A "cradle Catholic"?

[quote name='carrdero' post='1349617' date='Aug 4 2007, 01:25 PM']A "cradle Catholic"?[/quote]

It means a Catholic since birth. Usually applied to those who do not have faith in the Church/God/Jesus. The ones who become vehemently anti-Catholic usually didn't pay attention in Church and either didn't pay attention or didn't attend religious education classes.

[quote name='Budge' post='1349451' date='Aug 4 2007, 10:33 AM']The true gospel changes individuals.

The problem with Catholicism is it is all based on the institution, and it is "another gospel"

Those born again in Jesus Christ become "new creatures in Christ"[/quote]
If that's the case, it seems you have yet to be born again.
Dishonesty, lies, calumny, and slander are not the marks of a "new creature in Christ," but originate from one known as the "Great Accuser" and "Father of Lies."

I'll be sure to pray for you, Budge. Looks like you need prayers desperately.

[quote name='Budge' post='1349457' date='Aug 4 2007, 10:42 AM']I am an ex-Catholic so I know the difference between the teachings of Roman Catholicism, the true gospel and what is in God's Word.[/quote]
Interestingly, both my parents are converts to Catholicism from protestent sects with beliefs similar to yours, and they know God's Word and and the teachings of the Catholic Church, and see that they do not contradict. God's Word in the Bible leads to the Church founded by Christ.

You're not fooling anyone with this tripe, Budge.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1349634' date='Aug 4 2007, 01:37 PM']It means a Catholic since birth. Usually applied to those who do not have faith in the Church/God/Jesus. The ones who become vehemently anti-Catholic usually didn't pay attention in Church and either didn't pay attention or didn't attend religious education classes.[/quote]

hey thats not fair :weep:

i'm a catholic since birth and proud of it ^_^ and ps. i still have my faith DESPITE my terrible religion classes growing up :rolleyes:

[quote name='Budge' post='1349475' date='Aug 4 2007, 01:01 PM']"knowledge" according to your definitions would mean I agree with them.

I do not.[/quote]

Pick up a dictionary.

"Knowledge" and "accepting" are two separate things.

I can be knowledgable about basic common Pentecostal beliefs, but I honestly don't accept them as truth.

[quote]If that's the case, it seems you have yet to be born again.
Dishonesty, lies, calumny, and slander are not the marks of a "new creature in Christ," but originate from one known as the "Great Accuser" and "Father of Lies."[/quote]

Catholic apologetics #3

over and over.

You all need a new script.

[quote]So typical of Roman apologists:

We do not have to prove any of our assertions, ignore all our contradictions, and by the way you are anti-catholic and antagonistic. Just for good measure here are some personal attacks and condescending language to prove my point.[/quote]

[quote name='Budge' post='1350161' date='Aug 5 2007, 07:56 AM']You all need a new script.[/quote]

Pot calling the kettle black, I see...