An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dissing The French

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Socrates' post='1337957' date='Jul 22 2007, 09:55 PM']But ze bashing ze French is ze fun, no![/quote]
wee-wee!

Groo the Wanderer

Hmm...nobody has looked at my blog to prescreen it for Phatmass compatibility. Wonder if I should just bite the bullet and do it?

I haven't gotten a warning in a while and my 10% seems to have been erased...hmmmm....hmmmmm....

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1336466' date='Jul 21 2007, 11:15 AM']Wasn't the last war the French won the French Revolution?[/quote]

Yes, they beat France.

Edited by tomasio127

Of course, we must not forget that the Paris tourist board just launched a campaign to try to get Parisians to be nice to tourists. [url="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2045916.ece"]This is an article by those great Francophiles the Brits.[/url] :D:

Vive le France :surrender:

I've had a look at your war list ... and in my opinion - if someone is offended by that, they deserve to be offended - the politically correct have no feelings anyway - thats my 2cents

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1338289' date='Jul 22 2007, 09:49 PM']Wow! Wish I got this kind of reception when I went over there. Went over to Paris for a business trip and got treated like dog poo by everyone except the hotel desk staff (American chain) and the lady running the chateau we visited in the countryside.

If anyone wants to see the Complete French Military History I gathered together from various sources, you'll have to see it on my Myspace blog...some if it *may* be pushing the line for Phatmass...not sure yet if I should post it here. I guess I'll wait for some feedback on that first.

www.myspace.com/phatgroo It's the most current blog.[/quote]'
well...Paris, is not a good example of 'France' or 'The French'(they say this themselves)...one must travel around abit, especially to smaller towns..and try to speak the language, get a feel for the typical people..like that château ...

Edited by EJames

hoosieranna

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1338850' date='Jul 23 2007, 06:19 PM']Hmm...nobody has looked at my blog to prescreen it for Phatmass compatibility. Wonder if I should just bite the bullet and do it?

I haven't gotten a warning in a while and my 10% seems to have been erased...hmmmm....hmmmmm....[/quote]

I read it, and yes, it was funny. I just get tired of hearing complaints about the French. Central Asians and Eastern Europeans are much more creative targets (just ask the Russians). With a little time and effort, they could easily become as pilloried as the French.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1337455' date='Jul 22 2007, 09:56 AM']Ewww. That pic has the new French flag on it. The one before the revolution was so much cooler.[/quote]
[img]http://www.laporterie.com/images/large/drapeau_esf_t_40_60.jpg[/img]

--------------
This patch below was worn on the uniforms of soldiers, when they came back safe from World war 1
[img]http://www.laporterie.com/images/large/espoir-et-salut-f-tissu.jpg[/img]

Edited by EJames

notice the flag on the left (National Front rally on may 1st, Feast of St Joan of Arc)
[img]http://www.le-pen.info/diaporama/diaporama_1ermai2007/images/017.jpg[/img]

Groo the Wanderer

Nice! I motion that the Sacred Heart be added permanently to the French Flag. All in favor?

Mebbe time for Napoleon IV....

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1335742' date='Jul 21 2007, 03:49 AM']lub the Irish, especially the left handed redheaded ones....[/quote]
Whoa. You just decribed me to a t, dude. What's up?

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1335799' date='Jul 21 2007, 07:00 AM']why do you say that? do you have a reason...? or are you just going to leave us with the little you said.[/quote]
I'm thinking about leaving...thinking........thinking......
ok, naw.

The French are little pricks, that's why it's ok to always diss them. Why does this even matter? How a Frenchman even gonna hear it?

If the Eifel Tower falls into German hands, and the French military isn't in Paris to hear it, is it really a battle?

Edited by Justin86

[quote name='Justin86' post='1339619' date='Jul 24 2007, 08:36 AM']Whoa. You just decribed me to a t, dude. What's up?
I'm thinking about leaving...thinking........thinking......
ok, naw.

The French are little pricks, that's why it's ok to always diss them. Why does this even matter? How a Frenchman even gonna hear it?

If the Eifel Tower falls into German hands, and the French military isn't in Paris to hear it, is it really a battle?[/quote]
------
for a Christian calling anyone or ethnic group 'little pricks' , is extremely offense language in my milieu
my Father is French, my ancestors in France hid priests during the revolution and were killed for this, along with the priests., i pray for the souls of their persecutors....
The French as a govt, and history have there problems, and awful peoples, but who doesn't....?
'dissing' The French through spiteful language, rhetoric, if you will, just proves to the rest of the world,their distaine at American attitudes of ignorant superiority, ..
( i love America BTW, having lived there for 6 years, but, do not think its an ideal society..for there isnt one)
as well, good Catholic French folk from Paris, Nante, Nancy, Lille,etc, read and link this Phorum, though they do not participate.
as Catholics ,it is France that has THE revival of Latin (and even Byzantine) Monastic and Contemplative Religious Life and heritage,and traditions, as well as a upsurge of new religious and lay movements that are faithful and active within/to The Roman Catholic Church(obviously not a Republican bunch..:) )..its the parishes that are still sad...
curiously the two most nationalistic and hyper Patriotic countries i have lived in/visited are U.S.A. and France.....with Russia following close behind..
may God bless you!

Edited by EJames