An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Want To Appologize For Putting Up That Awful Picture Up

GodChaser

Is the Constitution of the United States GOSH DARNED?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was a little hasty. I should not have had the picture where President Bush is about to tear up the constitution with the words 'it is only a GOSH DARN piece of paper'. GOSH DARN is such a offensive term, and it is so bad. Nobody should say that, unless you're President Bush, because it's okay for him to call the basis of the republic and the basis of the rights and freedoms of the citizens of the United States of America GOSH DARN because he is above reproach because he is a 'Christian' president!

I want to appologize, but hey, it gave me inspiration. If you guys and I am so offended that President Bush used the term GOSH DARN piece of paper to describe the Constitution of the United States of America, will you join me in voicing our displeasure to saying that.

Please [url="http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/"]contact President Bush[/url], and tell him what you think of his blasphemous statement about the Constitution of the United States.

Glory to God and Power to the Resistance

[url="http://www.goodnewsjournalist.com"]Good News Journalist.com[/url]

Edited by GodChaser

cmotherofpirl

what is you debate issue? Come up with one quick or this gets moved to the lame board.

Seeing as this country was founded via the illegitimate revolution against HRH George III by a bunch of Catholic-hating modernists, many of whom were Freemasons, I'd be fine if the whole country split into pieces. Too many Catholics hold the constitution as a sacred document.

I agree that the office of the president, because of the oath he takes, has no right to stand against it, however. But why would anyone be surprised by dishonest actions of Bush, or any other politician by that matter?

[quote name='adt6247' post='1328143' date='Jul 14 2007, 07:44 AM']Seeing as this country was founded via the illegitimate revolution against HRH George III by a bunch of Catholic-hating modernists, many of whom were Freemasons, I'd be fine if the whole country split into pieces. Too many Catholics hold the constitution as a sacred document.

I agree that the office of the president, because of the oath he takes, has no right to stand against it, however. But why would anyone be surprised by dishonest actions of Bush, or any other politician by that matter?[/quote]

Opinions of the founding fathers aside, the state of the country is not what they had intended. Every senator, every congressman, feels the same about the Constitution as Bush said. At least he admitted it.

Well I don't believe the Constitution is GOSH DARN!

That's the debate. Is the Constitution GOSH DARNED?

The polls are the debate, and I want to hear how many people believe in fundmental human rights that the Constitution holds.

Or do you believe like any other group, that Rights should only be for your group. . .

[quote name='GodChaser' post='1328167' date='Jul 14 2007, 12:00 PM']The polls are the debate, and I want to hear how many people believe in fundmental human rights that the Constitution holds.

Or do you believe like any other group, that Rights should only be for your group. . .[/quote]
"liberty of worship . . . is not liberty at all but the depravation of liberty and the servitude of a soul abandoned to sin” -- Pope Leo XIII

Catholic Tradition tells us that "error has no rights". The concept of freedom of religion is a modern one. Catholic nations are traditionally fairly tolerant of other religions, so long as they do not cause civil unrest. However, it would be silly for a Catholic nation to tolerate public heresy or blasphemy, let alone give other faiths special privileges, like tax-exempt status.

[quote name='adt6247' post='1328190' date='Jul 14 2007, 10:27 AM']"liberty of worship . . . is not liberty at all but the depravation of liberty and the servitude of a soul abandoned to sin” -- Pope Leo XIII

Catholic Tradition tells us that "error has no rights". The concept of freedom of religion is a modern one. Catholic nations are traditionally fairly tolerant of other religions, so long as they do not cause civil unrest. However, it would be silly for a Catholic nation to tolerate public heresy or blasphemy, let alone give other faiths special privileges, like tax-exempt status.[/quote]
Agreed with that. Witchcraft, devil worshipping and other things should be outlawed.

I'm not even talking about freedom of religion, but freedom to choose to live life without any fear. Freedom to buy myself any sword (Gun) I want.

If religion is so important to you, what if there was a law enacted that says preaching against homosexuality is illegal against law? What about if there was a law enacted saying you can't protest abortion? Would you agree with it, or would you then say - HEY THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES SAYS FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND SPEACH! Will you stand on it then, or will stand up now. If you don't stand up now, you will not later!

Justified Saint

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1328172' date='Jul 14 2007, 09:02 AM']The Constitution does not give us human rights. It is not about human rights, it covers civil rights.[/quote]

Although, at least in the American tradition, all civil rights ultimately derive from human rights. Thus the Constitution is in fact the detailed articulation of what the Declaration of Independence meant when it spoke of "certain unalienable rights."

Edited by Justified Saint