An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Application .....

Margaret

WELL I just got back from Our Lady Solitude were I was fitted, ^_^ AND they gave me the Application that they Made. It is sooooo intimidating and I am so overwhelmed :o
They all were giving me there opinion of it and Some think it is to much and i :idontknow: any way Sr.Jeanette used the one for OLAM but <_< i guess they decided to update it :annoyed: since then. Now I have an 8 page front and back application :blink: and that is not including the AutoBiography and medical stuff :ohno: . Soo
Any way I could use some prayers :wacko: :rolleyes:

[quote name='Rose_of_Sharon' post='1324445' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:45 PM']WELL I just got back from Our Lady Solitude were I was fitted, ^_^ AND they gave me the Application that they Made. It is sooooo intimidating and I am so overwhelmed :o
They all were giving me there opinion of it and Some think it is to much and i :idontknow: any way Sr.Jeanette used the one for OLAM but <_< i guess they decided to update it :annoyed: since then. Now I have an 8 page front and back application :blink: and that is not including the AutoBiography and medical stuff :ohno: . Soo
Any way I could use some prayers :wacko: :rolleyes:[/quote]
:blink: How overwhelming!!! Take a page or two and treat it as your part of your daily prayer time!

[quote name='Rose_of_Sharon' post='1324445' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:45 PM']WELL I just got back from Our Lady Solitude were I was fitted, ^_^ AND they gave me the Application that they Made. It is sooooo intimidating and I am so overwhelmed :o

OLAM really needs to update their application. Having filled it out, I know that it is out of date. Be grateful for an in-depth application before you enter, even if it's intimidating. The sisters need to know you well before you enter, both through a personal relationship with you and through the things you have to say in your application. And I have seen MUCH longer applications in the past (we're talking like a STACK of papers!)

Like MarieTeresa said, just take it one page at a time. Don't feel like you have to answer all of the questions in order. You may need to think over some before writing out your answers. And it does help to have someone (I got help with some of the questions I didn't understand). And if something is just really confusing, don't be afraid to ask the sisters what the questions mean. It's easy for religious to forget that lots of terminology is familiar only to religious (one example is simply the names of the rooms in a monastery!) They will be happy to explain confusing terminology or questions.

Don't get overwhelmed. Once you enter all of that will be behind you :P:

Prayers!

Lauren

oh, by the way - the medical stuff was "all Greek to me". Just hand the papers over to your doctor and he/she will know what to do ;)

Edited by Totus Tuus

DiscerningSoul

I know when I did my application, it was over 50 pages! including health, vision and dental. I also did some extra writting too. :)

Jessica
[url="http://www.xanga.com/adiscerningsoul"]http://www.xanga.com/adiscerningsoul[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Rose_of_Sharon' post='1324445' date='Jul 11 2007, 07:45 PM']WELL I just got back from Our Lady Solitude were I was fitted, ^_^ AND they gave me the Application that they Made. It is sooooo intimidating and I am so overwhelmed :o

Just wondering how you are getting on with your application and hope that you are not finding it too intimidating. It sounds frightening but I'm sure that you are coping.................I hope so.
BTW......Are you in the photograph in the latest Stella Clara Newsletter which was taken at Sr Jeannette's Investiture ? You look sooooooooooo ooooooooo happy with your future family. :) :) :biglol:

Good advice :)

Take a few pages at a time. I had to fill out papers to do a live-in and more for postulancy. It seems like a lot, well, it is, but it really is worth it :) You'll laugh after it's over.

God bless,

sr betsy

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='sr_betsy' post='1341799' date='Jul 26 2007, 08:22 PM']You'll laugh after it's over.[/quote]
I can attest to that!