An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Countdown To The Convent!

philosophette

philosophette

24 days and Handmaid524 and I will be entering the aspirancy for the Salesian Sisters of St John Bosco. The aspirancy lasts one year, followed by a 10 month postulancy, 2 year novitiate and at least 6 years of temporary vows. (Its a LOOOOOOOOOOONG formation process.) :eek:

We have four other women entering with us - all of us between the ages of 19 and 26. :) :cool!:

I am trying to keep [url="http://www.intothedeep.wordpress.com"]my blog [/url]updated - so go there for more up to date information - but I will also be posting here. :twothumbsup:

Although Handmaid is not around as much as she'd like to be - she is working at the Salesian Sisters' summer camp - she is also very excited and one of the youngest people to enter in a long while. The baby sister to be.... (haha... she is [i][b]so[/b][/i] going to slap me when she reads this... ) :tomato:

:evil:

Another one of us, who is not on PM, but from Tampa, FL is going to meet me in Chicago and we are going to fly out together. (Which is great because I HATE :paperbag: flying.) She has become a very good friend of mine. :love:

We leave August 4th. :bounce:

The rest of the month I am rather busy. I have to get the rest of my 5 needed fillings (AHHH!) (and then after I enter I have to have my wisdom teeth out :sadder:) . July 21 I will be meeting up with a friend who is interested in the Salesians for the day. The 22nd I will be visiting with friends in Joliet. The portion of that following week I will be visiting friends in Aurora, IL. Needless to say, I will be getting around!

Aug 3 I meet my travel-sister in Chicago. I am hoping to drag her around the city for a tour but I am not sure if we can get into museums with her suitcases. (Question: Does the field Museum have a coat check???? Can we put suitcases in there? I do not want to get arrested for being a terriorist!)

So .. I just wanted to share! :prop:

Edited by philosobrat

You've got a lot going on in a short period of time, but that will keep this month from dragging for sure! Hope the Salesian website will be updated frequently so we can see what you all will be up to in the future :lol_roll: ! It would be nice if the Salesian Sisters would post pics of their vow ceremonies, I think that is a real inspiration to women interested in the community. :saint:

IrishSalesian
:sadder: ...You're all gorwn up now...Can't wait to enter into the Other side of the Salesians, August 27th, 47 days and counting...

GOODLUCK TO ALL WHO ARE ENTERING INTO FORMATION!!!

philosophette

[quote name='IrishSalesian' post='1322645' date='Jul 10 2007, 12:46 PM']:sadder: ...You're all gorwn up now...Can't wait to enter into the Other side of the Salesians, August 27th, 47 days and counting...
GOODLUCK TO ALL WHO ARE ENTERING INTO FORMATION!!![/quote]
:getaclue:

You are such an obnoxious brother, but I love you anyway. :blowkiss:

Brat. :starwars:

:lol_roll:

IrishSalesian

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1322658' date='Jul 10 2007, 01:53 PM']:getaclue:

You are such an obnoxious brother, but I love you anyway. :blowkiss:

Brat. :starwars:

:lol_roll:[/quote]

Violence is so not the answer, Don Bosco was passive, not agressive... :boxer: How many times do I have to tell you that>?!? :boink:

:seehearspeak:

:P:

philosophette

[quote name='IrishSalesian' post='1322670' date='Jul 10 2007, 01:00 PM']Violence is so not the answer, Don Bosco was passive, not agressive... :boxer: How many times do I have to tell you that>?!? :boink:

:seehearspeak:

:P:[/quote]

Oh yeah, what do you call his beating up of the man who attacked him in the alley? He was not one to let people walk on him! He was a tough guy!

:numchucks:

(I should know[b][i], dear brother, [/i][/b]as I read 11 of the 20 volumes of his life! :P: )

:froggy:

Marieteresa

Hey why is the aspirancy so long? A whole year wowzer! Also cool beans, a tampa bay person is entering.....Congrats on your upcoming entrance.

Edited by Marieteresa

philosophette

Hi!

I have no idea why our aspirancy is so long other than to give us enough time to really discern that we feel a call and that we fit well with the community. I am actually glad the formation process is that long because I am in no rush to make it to vows. I rather savor being in training and having time to learn about myself and the faith.

The aspirancy is really like a postulancy, though... we have classes, an outfit we wear, we do some practical training in the ministry, and visit different Salesians houses to get a feel for what we are getting into. I think that we also attend inter congregational formation days, as well, which I am stoked about.

:)

AlterDominicus

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1322685' date='Jul 10 2007, 01:05 PM']Oh yeah, what do you call his beating up of the man who attacked him in the alley? He was not one to let people walk on him! He was a tough guy!

:numchucks:
(I should know[b][i], dear brother, [/i][/b]as I read 11 of the 20 volumes of his life! :P: )

:froggy:[/quote]

He had his dog silly. Yet he was still passionate! Yeah, I remember these things :P: I may be Dominican, but who says my heart aint Salesian? :boxer:

By the way, congrates! Prayers!

onlygrace08

Yay!! :lol_roll: Sounds like you are keeping busy! :juggle:

P.S. does your community have a website? ... it may have already been posted... sorry if this question is redundant

IrishSalesian

[quote name='onlygrace08' post='1322936' date='Jul 10 2007, 03:57 PM']Yay!! :lol_roll: Sounds like you are keeping busy! :juggle:

P.S. does your community have a website? ... it may have already been posted... sorry if this question is redundant[/quote]

[url="http://www.salesiansisters.org/"]http://www.salesiansisters.org/[/url] <<<<<<for the ladies

[url="http://www.salesianvocation.com/"]http://www.salesianvocation.com/[/url] <<<<for the gents.

AlterDominicus

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1322904' date='Jul 10 2007, 02:36 PM']Sr C says your heart is Salesian! :turban:[/quote]

Yeah, my heart is many things, its cut into portions and there is a portion for the world, for specific people, a portion each to various orders, some bigger then others, but all in the end, each portion is equal. :blowkiss:

Lioness For Christ

Conga rats to those of you entering! I'll be praying!

And yes, St. John Bosco's dog was awsome! :)