An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nashville Dominicans' Updated Website!

Carolyn

The Nashville Dominicans have recently updated the News section of their website. Check it out at

[url="http://www.nashvilledominican.org/News/Community_News/index.htm"]http://www.nashvilledominican.org/News/Com..._News/index.htm[/url]

~Carolyn

I have to admit, I probably do a little more looking at pictures than actual reading sometimes! ^_^

Deus te Amat

as much as i feel drawn to their order... i dont think i'd be comfortable in their chapel........

wow

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1311844' date='Jul 3 2007, 11:15 PM']as much as i feel drawn to their order... i dont think i'd be comfortable in their chapel........
wow[/quote]
I've been there... and others here on PM have too.

I'll add my two cents that it's very lovely. It's quiet (but you can still hear people cough). The organ is nice and loud. Sometimes the mics have gone in and out at the podium. But the kneelers and pews are appropriately comfortable. (They're handmade by an Amish manufacturer.)

Edited by shortnun

Deus te Amat

[quote name='shortnun' post='1311886' date='Jul 3 2007, 11:41 PM']I've been there... and others here on PM have too.

I'll add my two cents that it's very lovely. It's quiet (but you can still hear people cough). The organ is nice and loud. Sometimes the mics have gone in and out at the podium. But the kneelers and pews are appropriately comfortable. (They're handmade by an Amish manufacturer.)[/quote]

haha thanks... i mean, its GORGEOUS... its just so... wow

(im from a small country parish, if that clarifies things) i would just sit there in awe of the splendor... its so amazing

Guest Kayla

[quote name='Carolyn' post='1311831' date='Jul 3 2007, 09:09 PM']I have to admit, I probably do a little more looking at pictures than actual reading sometimes! ^_^[/quote]

Hehe, me too. :)

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

Stunning, as always.

I love the Nashville Dominicans!!!!!! :love:

(if i had a dollar for every time i've posted those words!! ^_^ )

moon_child_anne

[quote name='Ave Maria Totus Tuus' post='1313012' date='Jul 4 2007, 10:40 PM']Stunning, as always.

I love the Nashville Dominicans!!!!!! :love:

(if i had a dollar for every time i've posted those words!! ^_^ )[/quote]

I have a friend who is one of the novices there. Her name was Jennifer Flathers and her religious name is Sr Julia. She was a friend of mine that had discerned with a community that I'd been discerning with, but decided against entering that community. I did too, for that matter.
She's in one of the pictures and she looks soooo happy.

My community has the option of wearing a habit or not. I feel drawn to ask to do so, but I'm afraid that some might see it as I'm entering for the wrong reason...which I'm not. I think I'd better wait before I say anything about it. That way I'd more likely get a more favorable answer.

Peace,
Anne

I know very little about this community, and it does seem to attract young vocations. Just remember that externals don't really matter in the long run. A good public relations person can make glitzy websites/written material. Yes, the pictures are pretty. And the habits are old style, not that it means much. What is this community really about? I don't know any of these sisters, they are not in my area of the country. I am on their mailing list and receive a bunch of fancy brochures begging for more money so they can build more. So I am not seeing them from the vocation side, but merely on the business side. And I am not impressed. Sorry, but I call things like I see them. Anyone else on their mailing list for donations????

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

[quote name='alicemary' post='1315079' date='Jul 6 2007, 09:10 AM']I know very little about this community, and it does seem to attract young vocations. Just remember that externals don't really matter in the long run. A good public relations person can make glitzy websites/written material. Yes, the pictures are pretty. And the habits are old style, not that it means much. What is this community really about? I don't know any of these sisters, they are not in my area of the country. I am on their mailing list and receive a bunch of fancy brochures begging for more money so they can build more. So I am not seeing them from the vocation side, but merely on the business side. And I am not impressed. Sorry, but I call things like I see them. Anyone else on their mailing list for donations????[/quote]

I understand your concern. But as one who lives a couple miles from their Motherhouse and knows several of the sisters, I can tell you that this is an incredible order. They have been around since 1860 and have teachers at schools all over the country in 17 different Diocese. I know several women who went to their schools and they've been raised with a fine Catholic education. And all that aside, merely being in the presence of these women can let you understand their humility and holiness. They are doing great things for the Church!!

Marieteresa

I have a question about the nashville dominicans, does anyone know if they have any plans to make another foundation? They're 200+ sisters there.....

I love all things Dominican and am happy to hear they are a good group. Thanks for filling me in!!