An Old School Catholic Message Board

Holy Vocations Blog

Moneybags

cathoholic_anonymous

I've written quite a few things about my vocational journey on my private blog, including my first visit to a convent and a description of my stay in the Carmelite monastery. I'd be happy to let you have those for the blog, along with anything new that I may happen to write.

[b]Everyone: Even if you do not wish to join the blog, please pray for all of the blog members. And, if you do have a website, please link to our blog.[/b]

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1311490' date='Jul 3 2007, 06:23 PM']Holy Vocations is always looking for more members! If you don't want to join, though, please do pray for the members and read the blog occassionally.

If anyone is interested in joining, please just comment below or email me.

Blog's URL: [url="http://holyvocations.blogspot.com/"]http://holyvocations.blogspot.com/[/url][/quote]

May I join?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1311490' date='Jul 3 2007, 05:23 PM']Holy Vocations is always looking for more members! If you don't want to join, though, please do pray for the members and read the blog occassionally.

If anyone is interested in joining, please just comment below or email me.

Blog's URL: [url="http://holyvocations.blogspot.com/"]http://holyvocations.blogspot.com/[/url][/quote]

Be assured my poor prayers with all of you. I added it to my favorites.

Have a Jesus-filled day!

franciscanheart

Just a warning to those considering:

The creator of this blog (the OP of this thread) is in support of the SSPX. It is your decision to support it through writing. I just wanted to make every more aware of what they might be getting themselves into. I once was a contributing writer and have been battling whether or not to continue to write for the blog. After demanding that I pledge adherence to (or support of) the Oath Against Modernism, I started to question the level of orthodoxy and commitment to the current Magisterium the owner of the blog had. I did not want to cause scandal by contributing to a blog which supported only ultra-Traditional vocations and orders that considered themselves members of the SSPX.

This is a personal warning. I am not speaking for the moderating team at this time or for dust or his site.

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1311490' date='Jul 3 2007, 03:23 PM']Holy Vocations is always looking for more members! If you don't want to join, though, please do pray for the members and read the blog occassionally.

If anyone is interested in joining, please just comment below or email me.[/quote]

[mod]the original poster of this thread is in support of the sspx which is viewed as a schismatic group. his posts should be read with a grain of salt. if there are any questions about the validity of this statements or their adherence to Church teaching, you may direct your questions to a moderator or post them in the questions and answers section of the phorum.

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?act=Stats&CODE=leaders"]The Moderating Team[/url]
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showforum=13"]The Q&A Phorum[/url]
[/mod]

The support of SSPX is my PERSONAL opinion - no one else on the blog needs to be in support of SSPX. I am NOT part of SSPX even though I support their efforts most of the time. Again, this is a PERSONAL opinion of mine and is not part of Holy Vocations Blog at all.

Secondly, members are expected to agree to the Oath against Modernism, which was written by Pope St. Pius X. The Oath is not against modernism and I never [i]demanded [/i] anyone to support it - I asked quite politely.

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1451946' date='Jan 28 2008, 01:34 PM']Just a warning to those considering:

The creator of this blog (the OP of this thread) is in support of the SSPX. It is your decision to support it through writing. I just wanted to make every more aware of what they might be getting themselves into. I once was a contributing writer and have been battling whether or not to continue to write for the blog. After demanding that I pledge adherence to (or support of) the Oath Against Modernism, I started to question the level of orthodoxy and commitment to the current Magisterium the owner of the blog had. I did not want to cause scandal by contributing to a blog which supported only ultra-Traditional vocations and orders that considered themselves members of the SSPX.

This is a personal warning. I am not speaking for the moderating team at this time or for dust or his site.[/quote]

I'm sorry that you wish to attack me personally but, as the Gospel states, the followers of our Lord and the Church will certainly be persecuted. You question my orthodoxy and adherence to the Magesterium, but I am not a heretic. Have you studied the Councils of the Church and read the Popes from pre-Vatican II? I adhere to all official Church teachings and teach no heresy. On the blog, I have it set up for others to discuss their vocational journeys - the blog is not meant to have anything to do with my personal support for the Society of St. Pius X.

PS: The Oath against Modernism is part of the Magesterium! It is not in anyway created by SSPX.

I am sorry that you feel this way; I have removed you as a contributor from the blog because all members must support the Oath.

Unfortunately the situation with SSPX isn't very clear right now due to private statements, vs. John Paul's statement of 20 years ago. Things are changing among the clergy and again in the church, so let's not judge one another - that's up to Christ.

CHARITY IN ALL THINGS.