An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wonderful News!

HeavenlyCalling

This is wonderful news :) These Sisters seem to realize that only by being faithful to the Holy Father and the Magisterium can those with traditional preferences be leaven in the Church!

• 5 months later...
Thomist-in-Training

Bump! They're still doing well and they are really sweet... I wrote to them after reading another PM post that they needed Target gift cards etc., and they are still sending me cards! With the last one they sent a picture of them around their Christmas tree: fifteen lovely Sisters.

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' post='1433760' date='Dec 13 2007, 11:11 AM']Bump! They're still doing well and they are really sweet... I wrote to them after reading another PM post that they needed Target gift cards etc., and they are still sending me cards! With the last one they sent a picture of them around their Christmas tree: fifteen lovely Sisters.[/quote]

Oh, the questions abound! Have they renamed themselves yet? Have they changed habits yet? Is there any way you can post the pic they sent you?

Blessings,
Gemma

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1433938' date='Dec 13 2007, 04:26 PM']They are the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church. One of them is already working on a website.[/quote]

Sounds awful close to those sedevacantists in NY--Daughters of Mary, Mother of the Church? Or is that the right name for them?

Blessings,
Gemma

I know it's the right name. It's online too. The ones in NYS are Daughters of Mary, Mother of Our Savior.

Edited by brendan1104

i was so happy to read that news about the sisters returning to the Church. all i will say is PLEASE, PLEASE pray for those sisters. there were a lot of problems for them...much, much deeper than sede-vacantism. that group's [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Schuckardt"]founder[/url] was very troubled...honestly, he helped to tear my family apart. we have family that left to join that group and some have left since, thank God! those sisters have gone through SO much to get where they are...please pray for them!

[quote name='corban711' post='1434640' date='Dec 15 2007, 03:35 PM']i was so happy to read that news about the sisters returning to the Church. all i will say is PLEASE, PLEASE pray for those sisters. there were a lot of problems for them...much, much deeper than sede-vacantism. that group's [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Schuckardt"]founder[/url] was very troubled...honestly, he helped to tear my family apart. we have family that left to join that group and some have left since, thank God! those sisters have gone through SO much to get where they are...please pray for them![/quote]

Do you know anything about the convent for the mentally and neurologically impaired?

Blessings,
Gemma

The convent/school is loonngg gone. I know a lot of the former members of the group in general and from what I understand some of the methods they used were very effective.

Edited by brendan1104

[quote name='Gemma' post='1434705' date='Dec 15 2007, 07:54 PM']Do you know anything about the convent for the mentally and neurologically impaired?

Blessings,
Gemma[/quote]

i don't :( we weren't allowed to speak to our family and they weren't allowed to contact us. well, not really. they might send a flyer with upcoming events of the sisters and they might write "Merry Christmas" or "God bless you" on the flyers...but no real communication with us was permitted.

Edited by corban711