An Old School Catholic Message Board

Unbelieveable: Catholic Bishops Defend Human-animal Hybrids

Budge

Im against in vitro babies.

I also think fertility drugs are harmful--it is not natural for women to be having 6-8 babies at once and the ones who do not have that many kids, selectively kill a few....:( That is the majority by the way.

Destruction of embryos is wrong, storing and freezing embryos, and all that stuff, I think is better left alone.

Being infertile is difficult but many people are monkeying with God's commandments there too.

Some drugs and treatment is ok for infertility but I think a line is crossed with this stuff.

The issue is not whether you are against the production of in vitro babies (so are we), but whether they are human.

[quote name='Budge' post='1302105' date='Jun 26 2007, 12:56 PM']Im against in vitro babies.

I also think fertility drugs are harmful--it is not natural for women to be having 6-8 babies at once and the ones who do not have that many kids, selectively kill a few....:( That is the majority by the way.

Destruction of embryos is wrong, storing and freezing embryos, and all that stuff, I think is better left alone.

Being infertile is difficult but many people are monkeying with God's commandments there too.

Some drugs and treatment is ok for infertility but I think a line is crossed with this stuff.[/quote]

But do you believe that in vitro babies deserve to be treated as humans?

They are fully human, with human chromonsones and DNA.

They are not hybrids.

They too grew up in womb, the egg was just fertilized in "different place" with the sperm.

[quote name='Budge' post='1302098' date='Jun 26 2007, 11:51 AM']Yes the Nephilim HAVE everything to do with this.[/quote]
The Bible doesn't say the Nephilim were not human, it specifically says that they were men. They were probably the children of the descendants of Cain and Seth. God sent the flood because good and evil (represented in those two lines) had become blurred, not because the Nephilim were not human:

[quote]These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

--Genesis 6:4[/quote]

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Era Might' post='1302138' date='Jun 26 2007, 05:16 PM']The Bible doesn't say the Nephilim were not human, it specifically says that they were men. They were probably the children of the descendants of Cain and Seth. God sent the flood because good and evil (represented in those two lines) had become blurred, not because the Nephilim were not human:[/quote]

It's also standard warrior language and idiom from the Near East, also found in Akkadian literature.

As for the topic, I agree that chimeras should not be made, however, since they have been created, they do deserve life. They are still mostly human genetically (what is it, like 99% human still, I don't remember), and I would rather give them the benefit of life than killing them.

:sadder: No,If a person has an implanted pig valve in their heart of course they are human.
What is of concern here is the mixing of human and animal dna to produce a weird hybrid.
They are really going off the deep end here on this stuff.I am against it.
This business of mixing humans and animals reminds me of the story,The Island of Dr.Moreau,which was I believe written by H.G.Wells.It was about a scientist who does this very thing.It was made into a movie twice.The first time starring Charles Laughton
as Dr.Moreau,and Bela Lugosi.The second version starred Marlon Brando as Moreau and I think Richard Basehart.
They are trying to be like God,who is the ONLY creator of life. God gave all creatures even bugs the ability to reproduce.
HE didn't tell man to go beserk and create weird new species. I pray their efforts will lead to failure.

Kirisutodo333

[quote name='Budge' post='1302098' date='Jun 26 2007, 12:51 PM']Yes the Nephilim HAVE everything to do with this.

I know most of you here havent studied the Nephilim probably only God-Chaser knows about this stuff...
The elephant man was fully a human being, he just had a tumor disorder. His DNA, chromonsones etc were all fully human.

[url="http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42637"]BOOK THAT TALKS ABOUT NEPHILIM TELLS YOU WHAT THEY ARE:GENETIC ENGINEERING IS PART OF THE PIC[/url]

[url="http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=25335"]ANOTHER ARTICLE OF INTEREST[/url][/quote]

What Nephilim are you talking about? The half angel-half man Nephilim from the Bible? Or something else? Let's remember not to confuse Chimeras with Nephilims. Please explain to me how man can create a TRUE NEPHILIM.

BTW...the Nephilim were the"heroes of the old. Men of renown." Genesis 6:1-4

Here is the full statement of the Bishops (warning: .pdf file):

[url="http://www.linacre.org/Linacre%20Joint%20submission%20on%20Human%20Tissue%20and%20Embryos%20_draft_%20Bill.pdf"]http://www.linacre.org/Linacre%20Joint%20s...aft_%20Bill.pdf[/url]

I have a question....

The fact that the embryos are human to begin with and then are injected with animal DNA... Wouldn't that have made them human to begin with? And if this is the case, Budge, are you inferring that man could in some way make them non-human?

I understand injecting human DNA into animals is a different story, but in this case, I think the embryos would have to be considered human.

dairygirl4u2c

What about a pig with a human heart. Is that a pig or a human? prob a pig. at what point is it not a human, is the question.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1302275' date='Jun 26 2007, 01:53 PM']What about a pig with a human heart. Is that a pig or a human? prob a pig. at what point is it not a human, is the question.[/quote]
:hehe: :pigfly: I don't even see why this point is valid! What is the need to save a pig(except if your from Peta)except for bacon? This whole thing is disgusting! I can't even think of what nastiness the human race is going to think of next! As for being catholic,I know that the CHURCH will never teach that this is correct in any way! The picture that was back a few is just so sickening,we deserve to be punished! Lord, have mercy on us! Christ, have mercy on us! Lord, have mercy on us! JC

I should have been clearer.

These things are made by NEPHILIM-combo of fallen angels and man...

combining animal and man

They are

Rephahim

They do not have souls!

Isaiah...

14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

17:5 And it shall be as when the harvestman gathereth the corn, and reapeth the ears with his arm; and it shall be as he that gathereth ears [u][b]in the valley of Rephaim.[/b][/u]
[b]
26:14 They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.

26:19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.[/b]

[url="http://www.bibleufo.com/giants2.htm"]LINK[/url]

"As in the days of Noah"

Thats where we are going.

Budge. Seriously, answer my question.

Does a human embryo have a soul? Does man remove this soul when he adds DNA? If so, man is capable of removing souls? If not, did the embryo never have a soul to begin with?