An Old School Catholic Message Board

Looking For A Convent Where The Tlm Is Celebrated

Saint_Gemma_Galgani

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1301969' date='Jun 26 2007, 06:56 AM']I too have not heard of the Virginia community but I honestly know very little about the Order itself. I do know that they make traditional publications like books and "Old Calendar" (liturgical) calendars :)[/quote]
thanks for tghe info....sorry. when i saw Richmond, i had Virginia in my brain, as a Canadian, i only associate Richmond, with Virginia..should have said New Hampshire..
pax!

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1302088' date='Jun 26 2007, 11:36 AM']Yeah more or less, veritas is right. Its more the Novus Ordo mass, with a really awkward liturgical calender, but its ALL in latin except for like the readings and gospel and homily of course.

We were there Sunday, haha, and it said like the Sunday after pentecost, and all this other stuff so Sister Maria Stella had to explain the whole Vatican II-ish like thing to us. It was pretty funny.[/quote]

+

Being at Mass there, though is like being in Heaven! The music is SO beautiful!

[quote name='Veritas' post='1302043' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:18 AM']+

It's the NO in Latin.[/quote]

Hmm, it sounds like a Traditional Latin Mass from what AlterDominicus is saying, Veritas.

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1302425' date='Jun 26 2007, 05:48 PM']Hmm, it sounds like a Traditional Latin Mass from what AlterDominicus is saying, Veritas.[/quote]

+

Nope. I'm a local and attend Mass there on occasion. I also had a live-in at the convent -we attended Mass there daily. I also know the pastor. Plus, I work for the Diocese and I know where the TLM is in our diocese. It's NO in Latin. TLM is at Holy Trinity and Saint Augustine in South Saint Paul.

This is just for fun, my grandparents and great-grandparents were married at Saint Agnes, my mom was baptized there, and I had a number of good friends go to school there. Great parish.

Edited by Veritas

[quote name='Veritas' post='1302482' date='Jun 26 2007, 07:38 PM']+

Nope. I'm a local and attend Mass there on occasion. I also had a live-in at the convent -we attended Mass there daily. I also know the pastor. Plus, I work for the Diocese and I know where the TLM is in our diocese. It's NO in Latin. TLM is at Holy Trinity and Saint Augustine in South Saint Paul.

This is just for fun, my grandparents and great-grandparents were married at Saint Agnes, my mom was baptized there, and I had a number of good friends go to school there. Great parish.[/quote]

Wowzers, so why do they have a different liturgical calendar?

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1302724' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:12 PM']Wowzers, so why do they have a different liturgical calendar?[/quote]

+

Hey and if my credentials aren't enough -which is okay ;)- here it is staight on the website: [url="http://www.stagnes.net/liturgy.html"]http://www.stagnes.net/liturgy.html[/url]

I have never known them to follow a different liturgical calendar.

Many Communities that use and Follow the 'Tridentine' Classical Mass, have the pre-vatican 2 Ordo, and older Liturgical calender, since the calender was changed after The Council.
so, for example, when i was at N.D. de Trior, we had different Feast days, and different Sunday Gospel readings etc, then the Novus Ordo Luturgies...the whole year A and .B. and C, thingy is new, before the Council their was not a huge variation of readings. all just like it still is in the Eastern Catholic/Orthodox Churches. YET , my Spirtual Director/father Celebrates the N.O Latin, ad orientum, but because he prays the 1962 Latin DIvine Office, he follows the 'old' calender as such..
pax et Bonum
[img]http://membres.lycos.fr/pierquet/images/img1.gif[/img]

Edited by EJames

[quote name='Veritas' post='1302881' date='Jun 26 2007, 11:28 PM']+

Hey and if my credentials aren't enough -which is okay ;)- here it is staight on the website: [url="http://www.stagnes.net/liturgy.html"]http://www.stagnes.net/liturgy.html[/url]

I have never known them to follow a different liturgical calendar.[/quote]

I didn’t mean to make is sound as if I didn’t accept your comments – they were very informative actually. Thank you! I was just curious because the whole idea of having the Novus Ordo with the old lectionary or liturgical calendar (as A.D. and EJames have implied) is totally new to me and I was curious to see how it was used. At OLAM we celebrated the Latin N.O., but everything that goes along with it is N.O. as well. I personally attend a Tridentine on Sundays here back home, and have never seen anything N.O. incorporated with it. So a mixture of the two (if I’m interpreting EJAmes’ post correctly) is novel to me. ^_^

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1303046' date='Jun 27 2007, 06:18 AM']I didn’t mean to make is sound as if I didn’t accept your comments – they were very informative actually. Thank you! I was just curious because the whole idea of having the Novus Ordo with the old lectionary or liturgical calendar (as A.D. and EJames have implied) is totally new to me and I was curious to see how it was used. At OLAM we celebrated the Latin N.O., but everything that goes along with it is N.O. as well. I personally attend a Tridentine on Sundays here back home, and have never seen anything N.O. incorporated with it. So a mixture of the two (if I’m interpreting EJAmes’ post correctly) is novel to me. ^_^[/quote]
yes.. i think the mixture is novel as well, and may only pertain to those who perhaps Celebrate a pre-Conciliar Divine Office, just so things run smoothly..

The new offfshoot of the CMRI--congreg Mary Queen will prob be another in communion which will celebrate a Tridentine mass..AND they wear a (very) full, very handsome blue habit!

[quote name='EJames' post='1303301' date='Jun 27 2007, 02:01 PM']yes.. i think the mixture is novel as well, and may only pertain to those who perhaps Celebrate a pre-Conciliar Divine Office, just so things run smoothly..[/quote]

Yeah... that is definitely true.

moon_child_anne

How about the community that Mother Angelica of EWTN fame belongs to? Don't they do that? I don't know for sure though.

Anne

[quote name='moon_child_anne' post='1307208' date='Jun 30 2007, 07:37 PM']How about the community that Mother Angelica of EWTN fame belongs to? Don't they do that? I don't know for sure though.

Anne[/quote]
Hi, no they do not actually ,from what i have seen and read... the Sisters attend a Novos Ordo Mass, with some (Ordinaries...Kyrie, Gloria, Sanctus etc) in sung Latin.
when they were in thier old convent (=now the Friars) Holy Mass was celebrated Ad Orientum, but also facing the Sisters
pax!

Edited by EJames

• 6 months later...
Saint_Gemma_Galgani

The ones which I am most interested in are Gemma's orders, though I am concerned about when they will be founded.