An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Birthday And 11 Days To Go!

AccountDeleted

Carmelitess

[quote name='nunsense' post='1297942' date='Jun 18 2007, 06:42 PM']Thank you everyone for your good wishes. I leave Singapore in 8 days now - yayy. Only 27 until I enter.

Margaret - tell your mother that there are MANY mature women discerning a religious vocation. The Mother Prioress at Wolverhampton just told me of a woman in her 60s who is doing a pre-postulancy with them because she wants to see if she has a vocation to Carmel. Due to her age they are not letting her enter directly as a postulant yet, but I think it is nice that they even let her try.

I personally know of several women either close to my age or slightly older who are discerning religious life - so tell her anything is possible with God!

Annie[/quote]

Hi, Annie,

Thanks for the reply! My mom has some questions for you. I know you must be REALLY busy, but do you have any time to answer her? Please don't hesitate to tell me if you have no time! She's not a member of Phatmass, and so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind PMing me your email address, which I would then give to her---if you have the time to answer her queries. When you have a minute, please let me know.

Blessings of Christ,

Margaret

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Carmelitess' post='1298930' date='Jun 20 2007, 11:23 PM']Hi, Annie,

Thanks for the reply! My mom has some questions for you. I know you must be REALLY busy, but do you have any time to answer her? Please don't hesitate to tell me if you have no time! She's not a member of Phatmass, and so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind PMing me your email address, which I would then give to her---if you have the time to answer her queries. When you have a minute, please let me know.

Blessings of Christ,

Margaret[/quote]

Margaret - I will be offline after July 10th so I don't mind giving out my email address here now. Spammers will find it bounces back after the 10th - lol!

[email=anniemac@calequus.com]anniemac@calequus.com [/email]

I am more than happy to answer any questions. I am meeting with two phatmassers in England to chat with them before I enter - that will be fun. Only 6 days until I leave Singapore, and 25 until I enter!!

Mother Prioress said I get my name in religion as a postulant (!) so I will be Sister Teresa of Jesus as from July 16th - yay! But we don't get the beautiful entrance ceremony that was described on Kelly's entrance to Carmel - they keep it very low key at Wolverhampton, hugs and kisses and a visit to the Chapel to spend time with Our Lord, but since I am such an emotional person, I think that a quiet entrance is better for me since I might cry too much if there was too much ceremony- :rolleyes:.

I will save all that for my clothing ceremony in 6-8 months :love:

Edited by nunsense