An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Birthday And 11 Days To Go!

AccountDeleted

AccountDeleted

Today I turn 55 - a very old lady indeed. But God in His infinite mercy doesn't seem to care how old I am :rolleyes: and I leave Singapore in 11 days for the US :clap:

Then I have to finish off a few loose ends of business and personal shopping for the convent before heading to England where God willing, on the 16th July (one month from today) I will become a Carmelite :love:.

It has been 6 months since I started discerning and 5 months since I joined phatmass. I want to encourage everyone who is discerning to be patient with themselves and to trust in God's mercy. Nothing is impossible to He whom the angels worship.

And the only advice I have for anyone who wants to enter religious life is to fall in love with Jesus. :love: All else will be taken care of. :pray:

All glory is His.

Edited by nunsense

Happy Birthday from another baby boomer here--so glad you came on board to phatmass to share your vocation story. Praying every day that you will persevere with the Carmelites!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU PREPARE TO LEAVE FOR WOLVERHAMPTON

Edited by Jennirom

farglefeezlebut

Happy birthday. Praise be to God for giving you life and letting you know what to do with it! :)

Happy 55th Birthday!!
That is so exciting, I'm so happy for you. :D: May God Bless you on your journey and Mary protect you!

Chiquitunga

I'm a little late but, Happy Birthday, Annie! :carebear: God bless you as you prepare to enter Carmel!! :pray:

Carmelitess

Happy belated birthday! May Our Lady of Mount Carmel be with you as you enter the monastery. It's so wonderful to hear about a "belated vocation" like yours entering a monastery. My mamma [u]thinks[/u] she may be called to become a contemplative Carmelite, but doubts that she has a vocation b/c she is 51. When I told her about your entrance and age, she felt a little hopeful---thank you for sharing!!

Blessings of Christ,

Margaret

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Carmelitess' post='1297677' date='Jun 18 2007, 11:30 PM']Happy belated birthday! May Our Lady of Mount Carmel be with you as you enter the monastery. It's so wonderful to hear about a "belated vocation" like yours entering a monastery. My mamma [u]thinks[/u] she may be called to become a contemplative Carmelite, but doubts that she has a vocation b/c she is 51. When I told her about your entrance and age, she felt a little hopeful---thank you for sharing!!

Blessings of Christ,

Margaret[/quote]

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. I leave Singapore in 8 days now - yayy. Only 27 until I enter.

Margaret - tell your mother that there are MANY mature women discerning a religious vocation. The Mother Prioress at Wolverhampton just told me of a woman in her 60s who is doing a pre-postulancy with them because she wants to see if she has a vocation to Carmel. Due to her age they are not letting her enter directly as a postulant yet, but I think it is nice that they even let her try.

I personally know of several women either close to my age or slightly older who are discerning religious life - so tell her anything is possible with God!

Annie