An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown To Carmel

AccountDeleted

AccountDeleted

[quote name='phatdaddy' post='1287382' date='Jun 4 2007, 05:46 AM']Annie,
I am happy for you that circumstances are coming together for you to enter. Be assured of my prayers. Please dear sister, pray for my son who will be taking virst vows to the Fathers of Mercy on Aug 14th. He will be entering the Seminary in Sept. and will certainly need a prayer angel to sustain his ministry. God bless you.
Mr. Ray[/quote]

Mr Ray - how wonderful - my first "official" priest to pray for! I know a young aspirant priest here in Singapore who gets so many of my prayers, and I pray for all God's priests all the time, and special ones who have helped me along the way, like my spiritual directors and confessors, but I will take on your son as a very special commission and ask Jesus to keep him close to His heart and to please Him always. What is your son's name? (you can PM or email me if you like).

I will also keep you in my prayers as well - thank you for all of your love and support over the past few months.

Annie

AccountDeleted

[quote name='farglefeezlebut' post='1287370' date='Jun 4 2007, 05:24 AM']Can I meet you too? (I am Vicky's friend IRL, so it would be nice for us all to meet if possible.)

Prayers.[/quote]

Of course, of course. Email me or stay in contact with Vicky and she can make all the arrangements. :rolleyes:

the lords sheep

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you!!!
I only wish I lived in England so I could meet with you gals too!

You will be in my prayers!

In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren

Congratulations on your entrance to Wolverhampton Carmel! I'm very excited for you.
Remember whatever happens on your new journey with the LORD...love, love, love until it hurts; love always wins at the end.
Please pray for me that I'll find my home in HIS house again soon.
Many blessings :)

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Eureka' post='1288060' date='Jun 5 2007, 01:25 AM']Congratulations on your entrance to Wolverhampton Carmel! I'm very excited for you.
Remember whatever happens on your new journey with the LORD...love, love, love until it hurts; love always wins at the end.
Please pray for me that I'll find my home in HIS house again soon.
Many blessings :)[/quote]

Eureka - come to Carmel with me -- plenty of room at this inn :rolleyes:

And yes, love is the key - I couldn't agree more :love: When I asked my spiritual director (a former Novice Master) what I needed to succeed in religious life, he told me "A deep, personal relationship with Jesus." :love: The rest will take care of itself.

[quote name='nunsense' date='Jun 4 2007, 09:04 PM' post='1288369']

Yes, I would love too...:). Hey, we have a same birthday month--June, yours is just few days before mine. Where will you be in California?

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Eureka' post='1288740' date='Jun 6 2007, 02:03 AM'][quote name='nunsense' post='1288369' date='Jun 4 2007, 09:04 PM']

Yes, I would love too...:). Hey, we have a same birthday month--June, yours is just few days before mine. Where will you be in California?[/quote]

I will be in Orange County, Yorba Linda, which is pretty close to Anaheim. Anywhere near you?

So just let me know what date you want to enter Carmel, and I'll let Mother know - lol! :rolleyes:

I am having my last birthday party (in the world) at the Changi Sailing Club, where my brother is a member. I have made friends with some nice people and they are insisting on a party, although I would prefer not to. But I agreed on the condition that we get some Beach Boys music! We are having the party this weekend because some of the people will be out of town the following weekend. I am thinking of it as my "goodbye to the world" party as well.

I had my last meeting today with Father Chris, my spiritual director here in Singapore, and also met with the Vicar General at the Cathedral today to get some final paperwork done.

Only 3 weeks until I leave Singapore now - and that will make me feel so much closer to entering!!! :clap:

[quote name='nunsense' post='1289317' date='Jun 6 2007, 02:52 AM']I will be in Orange County, Yorba Linda, which is pretty close to Anaheim. Anywhere near you?
So just let me know what date you want to enter Carmel, and I'll let Mother know - lol! :rolleyes:
Only 3 weeks until I leave Singapore now - and that will make me feel so much closer to entering!!! :clap:[/quote]

Yes, Yorba Linda is about 40mins-1hrs from my home city. Shall we meet to celebrate our birthday month and to share....? Do you have spare times? Just tell me when and where? I see what I can do between summer school & job.

Oh sure, please let Mother know that I would like to enter on December 25 this year.

Jesus--your forever faithful spouse, is waiting patiently for his bride. Heaven and earth will sing a joyful song on the day of your entrance. Once again, I am very very very excited for you--nunsense.

[quote name='nunsense' post='1289317' date='Jun 6 2007, 02:52 AM']I will be in Orange County, Yorba Linda, which is pretty close to Anaheim. Anywhere near you?
Only 3 weeks until I leave Singapore now - and that will make me feel so much closer to entering!!! :clap:[/quote]

Yes, Yorba Linda is about 40mins-1hrs from my home city. Shall we meet to celebrate our birthday month and to share....? Do you have spare times? Just tell me when and where? I see what I can do between summer school & job.

Oh sure, please let Mother know that I would like to enter on December 25 this year.

Jesus--your forever faithful spouse, is waiting patiently for his bride. Heaven and earth will sing a joyful song on the day of your entrance. Once again, I am very very very excited for you--nunsense.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Eureka' post='1289332' date='Jun 6 2007, 04:56 PM']Yes, Yorba Linda is about 40mins-1hrs from my home city. Shall we meet to celebrate our birthday month and to share....? Do you have spare times? Just tell me when and where? I see what I can do between summer school & job.

Jesus--your forever faithful spouse, is waiting patiently for his bride. Heaven and earth will sing a joyful song on the day of your entrance. Once again, I am very very very excited for you--nunsense.[/quote]

Eureka - [email=anniemac@calequus.com]email me [/email]your address and phone number. I will be going to Pasadena to visit a friend to say goodbye, and I can also travel to visit you too - my sister-in-law will be driving me around. We can have a birthday lunch together.

Right - December 25th this year for your entrance - no problem. I will ask Mother to send you the application form when her retreat is over :rolleyes: