An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown To Argentina

the lords sheep

SaviorsChild

Dear Lauren,

only two days and you´ll be off to Argentina! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can you remember this day in Munich last year (May 2006) when we met? (How´s Clare?) When I asked you about your way of discernment, you said: "I don´t´know what community, but Iam discerning!" And know you have found it! Well, at least you give it a try... :drool: :clap: :sign:

Unfortunately I never got an answer to the email I sent you when I changed my Email-Addy... but nevertheless I had the chance to read your posts here! I am so happy for you and your way!

I´ll keep you and your way in my prayers - and I´ll always think of you...

:) :clap:

Lots of love,
Laura

the lords sheep

That's Right!!! 2 days!!! (well, about 62 hours till I fly...)

Praise God!!! Prayers everyone, please!!

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1305225' date='Jun 29 2007, 04:35 AM']That's Right!!! 2 days!!! (well, about 62 hours till I fly...)

Praise God!!! Prayers everyone, please!![/quote]

Have a wonderful trip! Will be praying.

Have an excellent trip and don't worry about your Spanish. I was able to learn a lot of Spanish through dialogue with Spanish speakers. It is the best way to learn the language. And just remember, Latin remains the universal language so if all else fails, you can just pray in Latin :incense:

After looking at the website (http://www.ssvmusa.org/ssvmhome.htm) I'm also glad to see that the order wears a habit.

SaviorsChild

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1306412' date='Jun 30 2007, 07:21 AM']Have an excellent trip and don't worry about your Spanish. I was able to learn a lot of Spanish through dialogue with Spanish speakers. It is the best way to learn the language. And just remember, Latin remains the universal language so if all else fails, you can just pray in Latin :incense:

After looking at the website (http://www.ssvmusa.org/ssvmhome.htm) I'm also glad to see that the order wears a habit.[/quote]

But confession could be a bit difficult in Latin... probably... :lol: :P: :saint:

:yahoo: :sign:

the lords sheep

I leave at 6:20 pm Central Standard Time tomorrow evening and will arrive at the Blessed Gianna Beretta Molla Home for abandoned children in San Rafael, Argentina at roughly 10pm the next evening (July 2)
Unfortunately, I don't know many prayers in Latin (really only bits and pieces), and I hope to make confession before I go (in English!) just to make it easier on myself. If not, I can probably make a decent one in spanish, as long as I can do my act of contrition in English.

SaviorsChild

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1306670' date='Jun 30 2007, 03:24 PM']Countdown: 26 hours exactly to liftoff!!![/quote]
:priest: :bigpray: :bigpray: :bigpray:

So, how are you going to spend those "last hours"? ;) :)

the lords sheep

Packing! 18 hours to go!!! I'm super excited (and getting super nervous!) Please pray for me!

Deus te Amat

haha i'm in MN... i know that... its still late and i'm off to bed soon... lol

if i were going to argentina for a month i probably wouldnt sleep either :D

the lords sheep

I'm off everyone! Please continue to send your prayers!

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary,
Lauren