An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown To Argentina

the lords sheep

the lords sheep

So phamily....
I've kept this under wraps long enough....
On July 1 I am headed to San Rafael Argentina where I will be living, working, and praying with the Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara.
I am really excited to be going, and I hope that while I'm there I will have the opportunity to grow closer to the Lord through regular prayer and service (as a college student, my prayer life is sporadic and random). It's a chance for me to discern a little more deeply what the Lord is calling me to.

Please pray for me as I prepare (and practice my spanish :blush: )

AccountDeleted

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1286147' date='Jun 2 2007, 09:32 AM']So phamily....
I've kept this under wraps long enough....
On July 1 I am headed to San Rafael Argentina where I will be living, working, and praying with the Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara.
I am really excited to be going, and I hope that while I'm there I will have the opportunity to grow closer to the Lord through regular prayer and service (as a college student, my prayer life is sporadic and random). It's a chance for me to discern a little more deeply what the Lord is calling me to.

Please pray for me as I prepare (and practice my spanish :blush: )[/quote]

I know how excited you are - I have started my countdown too. Blessings on you! :pray:

Congratulations and good luck! Las Servidoras are wonderful! I have been discerning with them and hope to enter , God willing!

Now what are the chances of two phatmassers going to Argentina :-).

Congrats ... where is San Rafael (North, South, etc. portion of Argentina)?

BTW --- July 1 is winter down there (don't forget).

cathoholic_anonymous

They look like beautiful sisters. Are you discerning with the apostolic sisters or the contemplatives?

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1287922' date='Jun 4 2007, 11:48 AM']Now what are the chances of two phatmassers going to Argentina :-).

BTW --- July 1 is winter down there (don't forget).[/quote]

Ok -- I got my own answer. San Rafael is part of Mendoza (Mendoza is the province).

How long will you be there for?

the lords sheep

I am discerning with the active Sisters. I love them because they still live lives of deep prayer despite of (and partially because of) their busyness.

I will be in San Rafael, which is about 250 km from the city of Mendoza and is the 2nd largest city in the region. I will be there for 1 month (I leave July 1st and come back July 31st), and I will be "playing mom" to the 40 or so children at the home for abandoned children.

I'm really excited, although a bit nervous, because I feel like my Spanish isn't up to par. But one very wise Sister (Sr. Mary of the Sisters of Life) reminded me that love is the universal language and needs no words, just presence.

If you go to the Servidora website [url="http://www.ssvmusa.org/ssvmhome.htm"](SSVM)[/url] and go down to the photo gallery from the trip to Argentina, you can actually see where I'll be working (I'll be at the Gianna Beretta Molla home for abandoned children).

Thank you so much for your prayers! Please keep them coming!

the lords sheep

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1287922' date='Jun 4 2007, 10:48 AM']Now what are the chances of two phatmassers going to Argentina :-).

BTW --- July 1 is winter down there (don't forget).[/quote]

Carmen,
When are you going to be in Argentina (and where are you going to be)? Anytime soon??

For everyone who doesn't know Argentina, I'll be in the central part of it on the western side.

As it's in the southern hemisphere, it will be winter there, although from weather.com, it seems as if it won't be as cold as the winters up here in NYC. But then again :idontknow: Either way, I'll be prepared.

Thank you all so much for your support and prayers!

In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren

the lords sheep

15 DAYS!!!

Thank you all for your continued prayers! It's unreal to me that its so soon!

Edited by the lords sheep

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1289846' date='Jun 6 2007, 11:49 PM']Carmen,
When are you going to be in Argentina (and where are you going to be)? Anytime soon??

For everyone who doesn't know Argentina, I'll be in the central part of it on the western side.

As it's in the southern hemisphere, it will be winter there, although from weather.com, it seems as if it won't be as cold as the winters up here in NYC. But then again :idontknow: Either way, I'll be prepared.

Thank you all so much for your support and prayers!

In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren[/quote]

Wooops ... my appologies for missing this question.

Well that's an interesting question. Original plan was April (now its public). New plan was September ... New new plan may be Jan 2008 -- depending on the sisters and my spiritual director. My debts look to be 1/2 way paid (I'll be able to tell definitely this weekend).

I'll be in Salta, Argentina -- that's up north fairly close to one of the borders (I don't remember which of the multiple countries at the north is the closest to Salta).