An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocations Delayed By Debt Poll

Totus Tuus

Are Debts Preventing You From Entering?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

onlygrace08

[quote name='Veritas' post='1289293' date='Jun 6 2007, 12:40 AM']+

Christendom College, and some others, I've heard, relieve the educational debt (pay for it all) for their graduates, who enter religious life. That is where I would go and what I would do! Solid formation and the ability to enter right away.

Pax et Bonum.[/quote]

That is great to know!! Thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...

+

Here's another inspiring story:

A friend had $60,000 dollars debt after she finished her masters at CUA last year. An anonymous donor said if she worked at the college for 1 year, he would pay her loans. She's worked the year and will be entering the CFR's this fall as a postulant!

Also, another friend had been studying Catholic Studies at Saint Thomas in MN. She had done her undergrad at Georgetown. So, she had significan debt when she applied to the Nashville Dominicans a year and a half ago. Within a couple of months, donors came out of the woodwork. Everything was paid! She came from a non-Catholic family, so it was mostly strangers! She'll become a novice this summer!