An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters Of Saint Francis Of The Martyr Saint George (alton Franciscans

Veritas

+

This happened on the Feast of Divine Mercy, but I don't recall anyone posting it, so... enjoy!

[url="http://www.altonfranciscans.org/renewal_of_vows07.htm"]http://www.altonfranciscans.org/renewal_of_vows07.htm[/url]

Thanks for posting this---does anybody know if there are any sisters making final profession this year?

HeavenlyCalling

This is such a great community!! I am so glad that they are getting so many vocations!!

Yes on August 15 there will be many Sisters making final professions but I'm not sure how many. More than 5 and less then 20. This is the Communities BIG FEast Day so the postulants will receive their new name and the habit and there are two novices how will make their first vows. Since there will be Sisters making final professions this year the ceremony will not be at the Convent in Alton but at one of the Church's

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1283581' date='May 29 2007, 04:30 PM']This is such a great community!! I am so glad that they are getting so many vocations!![/quote]

As of right now there are two women for sure who will be entering in September, hopefull more will enter. My friend Sarah will be entering and I'm not sure what the other girl's name is. They are both college grads and both political science majors

I grew up knowing the FSGM Sisters! They are located here in Rock Island, and I still keep intouch a Sr. Michael who works in Pastoral Care...she is the kewlest ever! I love her tons! I still talk to her once in awhile through email but not all the time.....i think about once every so often I'll surprise her with an email...there is also a Sister who teaches in St. Louis, her fmaily lives near my house...we both met a couple yrs ago...in St. Louis when I was visting the Carmelite DCJ......we both were rather shocked that we are from the same area and grew up in the same town and even know the same people!

It's amazing how close I am or seem to be with the FSGM Sisters but I love the Sisters tons but I won't enter with them since I have known them my entire life!

• 2 months later...

An update: these sisters just had a large group make final vows this week, 7or 8 sisters !!!-- with two novices making first vows, and the two postulants receiving habits and new names as well. :cool:

[quote name='stlmom' post='1361086' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:33 AM']An update: these sisters just had a large group make final vows this week, 7or 8 sisters !!!-- with two novices making first vows, and the two postulants receiving habits and new names as well. :cool:[/quote]

+

GREAT news! Thanks for the update STL Mom.

• 4 months later...

I noticed that too. I wonder what is going on over there because I haven't heard much since August or whatever.
Usually they alwayspost updates. Any news on the Postulants???

[quote name='Faustina' post='1436349' date='Dec 19 2007, 09:29 PM']I noticed that too. I wonder what is going on over there because I haven't heard much since August or whatever.
Usually they alwayspost updates. Any news on the Postulants???[/quote]

Yes, I jjsut got a letter from my friend Sarah last week. the postulants are doing well. They are Sarah ( my friend) and Liz. Both are college graduates and both were political science majors. Well the postulant director ( Sr.M.Beata) , Novice mistress ( Sr.M. Alexandra) and Sr.M Stephanie who oversees the junior professed were at the Mother House in Germany for about 3 months. They were having this big gathering of those in charge of formation for the community from the various provenices. So the posulants had second in comand Sr.M.Christine and the novices had the former superior Mother M. Ingeborg. Sarah has this to say about their subs " They gave us permission for pretty much whatever we asked (we made sure,however, that we only asked for resonale things). Sarah says she still adjusting to the schedule. the bell rings at 4:35 am and prayers start at 5:05am so she said getting dressed with all the layers is difficult but she does catch her errors before leaving the enclosure. She said some mornings she realizes she forgot her slip others she's managed to put on only one shoe. I remember this was my difficulty. My common mistake was forgetting to put my glasses on and then finding myself in the chapel and not being able to read the board saying what songs we would be singing then realizing ahh yes I forgot my glasses. she said they started chanting for the first time a month ago and that was pretty nerve racking
the first time. It sounds like things are going well. The second year novices come back from mission I think in March. My friend Sr.M.Faustina is in Wildwood,Missouri teaching at the school the Sisters teach at. I hear from her often. She said living like a professeed is challenging and that she realizes she has a long way to go in her religious life but that she is really enjoying it./

Yeah, I love that group, that was one of the top 3 groups I would have entered, however I guess God had other plans. It's good to to always keep up with what is going on over there though.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the postulant's outfits - the jumpers with mock turtlenecks instead of button downs...it's a much cleaner, neater look. The button-downs and collars don't always look neat or comfortable.