An Old School Catholic Message Board

Budge Vs. Moses And The Ten Commandments

Katholikos

SSM really what do you want me to answer...

Weve debated this before, you showed me the no graven images clause that was listed as #4 weeks ago.

Katholikos

[quote name='Budge' post='1288613' date='Jun 5 2007, 10:09 AM']SSM really what do you want me to answer...

Weve debated this before, you showed me the no graven images clause that was listed as #4 weeks ago.[/quote]

Well, you haven't corrected your sig.

Of course, the "graven image" clause is there, but Moses and you have a different interpretation of it. The Church agrees with Moses. :P:

I dont think so...

Otherwises Moses would have said GREAT! when he got to view the golden calf they made while he was up on the mountain.

I think she is implying that the golden calf is equivalent to our icons b/c God did not specifically tell us to worship them. As He did with the serpent. Although even then they were told to simply [i]look[/i] at the serpent on the pole, not pray to it.

Literal translation could defend against this.

Edited by prose

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Budge' post='1288862' date='Jun 5 2007, 06:07 PM']I dont think so...

Otherwises Moses would have said GREAT! when he got to view the golden calf they made while he was up on the mountain.[/quote]
No, if Moses and you saw eye to eye he would have said, "sorry, Lord... no cherubim on the Ark of the Covenant..."

Katholikos

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1289568' date='Jun 6 2007, 04:15 PM']No, if Moses and you saw eye to eye he would have said, "sorry, Lord... no cherubim on the Ark of the Covenant..."[/quote]

:lol_roll:

Likos claps hands and giggles.

Im back today...

;)

Anyhow do any of you know the names of those cherebum?

Never saw anyone kneel before them adn worshipping them or calling them by name.