An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will The Universal Indult Come Out Within A Year?

Resurrexi

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I certainly HOPE it will be coming soon... I think it's about time we are allowed to have our old mass back. There are souls who desire it, not that the Novus Ordo isn't any good... but the traditional one has been the instrument of holiness: the centre of the Eucharist to many saints.

Edited by Sacred Music Man

Haha. Never got one of those before. Part of the PM rite of passage I suppose? Hahaha... anywho...

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1278235' date='May 20 2007, 09:50 PM']I certainly HOPE it will be coming soon... I think it's about time we are allowed to have our old mass back. There are souls who desire it, not that the Novus Ordo isn't any good... but the traditional one has been the instrument of holiness: the centre of the Eucharist to many saints.[/quote]

isn't that cuz more of the recognized saints of the Church lived during the period between Trent and Vatican II than between Vatican II and current times? I mean, aren't you only saying that those saints used the Tridentine Mass as the instrument of holiness because of the mere fact that it was the only mass at the time?

If Vatican II happened 2 or 3 centuries before it did, would we have less saints? Of course not, because the saints loved "The Mass", not "The Tridentine Mass." They loved the Celebration of the Eucharist, regardless of the 'version' Holy Mother Church presented to them at the time.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think the intention of the Universal Indult is to bring things back to the Tridentine per se, but rather it is to repeat the transition process between the two.

btw, Thomas, I meant to vote yes on the first one, as my own opinion. I just didn't see the "within a year" part at first. I thought you meant this month.

anyways, I can't wait! It's a beautiful time to be Catholic. It's an exciting time.

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1278306' date='May 20 2007, 10:26 PM']hey stm
do you go to blessed sacrament for tlm? i went there this morning...jw[/quote]

No (I don't live in KC) but I am familiar with Blessed Sacrament.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1278362' date='May 21 2007, 01:02 AM']voted no to both. Moreso out of desire for such results than the expectation of them.[/quote]

But don't you think indult Masses are invalid?

Hmm... I think the problem here is the lack of patients and trust in the Holy Spirit. We'll wait to see what happens. We might have to wait a few years... wait till more people take on the traditional music, incense, etc. Hopefully the people of the west are "maturing" from the hippy masses of "lets get out the geetarrrs and fundy folk-songs" and return to the awesome power of harmony and more than 3 chords. :)

goldenchild17

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1278702' date='May 21 2007, 05:05 PM']But don't you think indult Masses are invalid?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they are. Why?

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1278748' date='May 21 2007, 07:30 PM']Hmm... I think the problem here is the lack of patients and trust in the Holy Spirit. We'll wait to see what happens. We might have to wait a few years... wait till more people take on the traditional music, incense, etc. Hopefully the people of the west are "maturing" from the hippy masses of "lets get out the geetarrrs and fundy folk-songs" and return to the awesome power of harmony and more than 3 chords. :)[/quote]

the point of the universal indult will be [i]to[/i] inspire the people to do take on the traditional music and abandon any irreverance or distastefulness in the liturgy.

kenrockthefirst

Sorry, just to ensure that I'm up to speed here, the Universal Indult is essentially permission for any priest to say the Tridentine Mass without permission from his bishop, is that correct?