An Old School Catholic Message Board

Smme Retreat

HeavenlyCalling

AlterDominicus

Hahaha, you have no idea Catholic Anonymous, the food is amazing! I really enjoy breakfast, haha, at the retreat its totally Domino's Pizza!

Their home made recipes are AMAZING!!!!!!!! :drool: :blush: [misses biscuits]

AlterDominicus

Its a good thing, otherwise Sister Joseph Andrew would be "praying" them down your throat, believe me it was hilarious, and that was at the November retreat! :lol_pound: I think Sister Theresa Benedicta felt sorry for me, actually she was rather amused at the Motherhood that was being bestowed upon me. Haha.

AlterDominicus

Today I was and am still happy, you know I've been there twice so I know the docket, I know what goes on and I was reviewing the schedule in my head, actually right now they are in rec, most likely playing the white elephant game. I was just overwhelmed with joy and I went into prayer mode rather quickly, went outside today is like the most beautiful day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its actually not raining! Haha. And I prayed so hard for them, words kept flying out of my mouth and ohhh.......... HAPPY!!!!! Thats true happiness, true happiness comes from the Lord! :love: and on a side when I was outside it was when they were in Eucharistic Adoration before vespers, and it was so heartfelt to know that they were praying for you, and you were praying for them!

:bigpray: :blowkiss: :lust:

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1281883' date='May 26 2007, 06:24 PM']Today I was and am still happy, you know I've been there twice so I know the docket, I know what goes on and I was reviewing the schedule in my head, actually right now they are in rec, most likely playing the white elephant game. I was just overwhelmed with joy and I went into prayer mode rather quickly, went outside today is like the most beautiful day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its actually not raining! Haha. And I prayed so hard for them, words kept flying out of my mouth and ohhh.......... HAPPY!!!!! Thats true happiness, true happiness comes from the Lord! :love: and on a side when I was outside it was when they were in Eucharistic Adoration before vespers, and it was so heartfelt to know that they were praying for you, and you were praying for them!

:bigpray: :blowkiss: :lust:[/quote]
Alter,
You are in love!!!!!!!!!!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1282057' date='May 27 2007, 09:59 AM']Alter,
You are in love!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Yes, I am. :love: :love: :love: :love: I love you Jesus, my Beloved!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Oh! And on a late notice [sorry hon] thank you sooooooooo much for the email you sent me. It really helped. Praise God!! :)

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1283914' date='May 29 2007, 09:22 PM']Yes, I am. :love: :love: :love: :love: I love you Jesus, my Beloved!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:[/quote]
Your love for Our Lord is beautiful!

AlterDominicus
:blush: :blush:

So pham retreaters who went, stories, app papers, I sent Sister Joseph Andrew an email, y'all must of worn her out, haha.

HeavenlyCalling

The retreat was wonderful, I loved it and hope I can go again in October. Two girls came from Australia for it and one girl came from Hawaii, so there were some people who had come a long way for this.

Being at the Mother house was an amazing expiriance, everything, the sisters included, was just beautiful. And I got to meet Sr. Mary John, a former phatmasser, who drove us home from the airport, I got to see Sr. Peter Mary, and talk to Sr. Chelsea, all part of the pham. One of the postulents who told her vocation story, Sr. Sami, was a riot!!!! Oh my goodness, I wish I had gotten her talk on tape!!

I slept in the 3rd grade class room and our Adoration hour was three in the morning, and it was one of the most amazing times of my life, even though I was really tired. As one of the girls said as we stumbled to the chaple
"For no other man would I get up this early"
:lol_roll: :lol_roll:

We played 'white elephant' at rec, after we sang 'Happy Feast Day' to Sister Phillip John twice ( I dont know why we did, but it was fun) and Sr. Mary Fatima and I fought over a pair of black fuzzy socks. It was a riot.

We watched all or part of three movies. The sisters own video ( we were joking during the credits that the woman who was the 'costume dissigner' must have had thee world's easiest job ) 'Fishers of men' which I cried during, and part of 'Ocean of Love'. Which I also cried during. I cried a lot, but in a good way. :rolleyes: :lol_roll:

I am sure we DID wear SJAB out, she was up all the time talking with people, she is so great!

Edited by HeavenlyCalling

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1284872' date='May 30 2007, 10:40 PM']The retreat was wonderful, I loved it and hope I can go again in October. Two girls came from Australia for it and one girl came from Hawaii, so there were some people who had come a long way for this.

Being at the Mother house was an amazing expiriance, everything, the sisters included, was just beautiful. And I got to meet Sr. Mary John, a former phatmasser, who drove us home from the airport, I got to see Sr. Peter Mary, and talk to Sr. Chelsea, all part of the pham. One of the postulents who told her vocation story, Sr. Sami, was a riot!!!! Oh my goodness, I wish I had gotten her talk on tape!!

I slept in the 3rd grade class room and our Adoration hour was three in the morning, and it was one of the most amazing times of my life, even though I was really tired. As one of the girls said as we stumbled to the chaple
"For no other man would I get up this early"
:lol_roll: :lol_roll:

We played 'white elephant' at rec, after we sang 'Happy Feast Day' to Sister Phillip John twice ( I dont know why we did, but it was fun) and Sr. Mary Fatima and I fought over a pair of black fuzzy socks. It was a riot.

We watched all or part of three movies. The sisters own video ( we were joking during the credits that the woman who was the 'costume dissigner' must have had thee world's easiest job ) 'Fishers of men' which I cried during, and part of 'Ocean of Love'. Which I also cried during. I cried a lot, but in a good way. :rolleyes: :lol_roll:

I am sure we DID wear SJAB out, she was up all the time talking with people, she is so great![/quote]

Sister Sami is a great friend of mine. She can be a little crazy ;) Glad to hear you had such a great time.

HeavenlyCalling

And I got to meet faithfulrose in person while we were cleaning the house, that was cool.

HeavenlyCalling

I arrived on Friday, yes, with a few other girls , for our airport run anyway. Sr. Theresa Benedicta and Sr. Mary John picked us up, boy oh boy where they funny!!! Then we went and cleaned the house that SJAB's father used to live in. I left really late Sunday night ( and my plane was delayed, ug) but Sr Phillip John dropped a few girls off at the Shack before she took me and an other girl to the airport. When I go again I would like to stay until Monday again.