An Old School Catholic Message Board

Smme Retreat

HeavenlyCalling

HeavenlyCalling

So, the May SMME retreat is in a week. Are any of the pham other than me going? It would be nice to finally meet some of you ( in person, I , mean)

Wish I could but I am still pinching pennies for entrance day and pre-postulant week is coming up soon too! :clap: All of us pre-postulants are praying hard for you guys though!!!!!!

God bless,
Allison

be_thou_my_vision

How many pre-postulants are there now? I heard you were supposed to have close to 20 entering! What a gift!

Ora et Labora

Say HI to sister sami for me! ^_^ i wish i were going...but i went last year. i want to go to the retreat nashville is having in october.

AlterDominicus

I was supposed to be there, but I sort of told Sister Joseph Andrew no, because I had a slight conversion at the IRL Conference in April, but I'll be there next month, hehe.

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1277146' date='May 18 2007, 09:41 PM']How many pre-postulants are there now? I heard you were supposed to have close to 20 entering! What a gift![/quote]

Well there are 8 of us that have been accepted with 5 more in the application process. Sr JA did say she expects BIG things from this retreat tho so who knows where we will end up!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Piobaire' post='1277344' date='May 19 2007, 10:41 AM']Well there are 8 of us that have been accepted with 5 more in the application process. Sr JA did say she expects BIG things from this retreat tho so who knows where we will end up![/quote]

HA! Right...November had the most application papers ever [this is a fact not a rumor as I am the communities historian, if anything is a rumor it has to go through me, to them, to confirmed or BUSTED! :)], in 9 almost 10 years! [at that time]

:P: :lol: :blush:

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1277350' date='May 19 2007, 09:51 AM']HA! Right...November had the most application papers ever [this is a fact not a rumor as I am the communities historian, if anything is a rumor it has to go through me, to them, to confirmed or BUSTED! :)], in 9 almost 10 years! [at that time]

:P: :lol: :blush:[/quote]

Good to know someone is on top of all the rumours Amanda! I am entering in a few months and half the time I dont even know what is going on :lol_roll:

So can you answer me this..........is the Motherhouse air conditioned???

Ciao!

Ora et Labora

Well, at the retreat i went to, the nuns forgot to turn the heater on (and even though it was may...it was soooo cold in the school!!) i'm from tx, so it was interesting to be cold in may. :lol:

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1277123' date='May 18 2007, 09:38 PM']So, the May SMME retreat is in a week. Are any of the pham other than me going? It would be nice to finally meet some of you ( in person, I , mean)[/quote]
Is the retreat over memorial day weekend (the same time as Nashville's retreat)? I do know one woman (friend of a friend) who I think is driving up to see them for the first time!

Prayers for all retreatants!

cathoholic_anonymous

I've seen some photos of mouthwatering cakes on their website. That's how they're doing it. That's how they're engineering the vocations boom. They're luring people in with cakes! <_<