An Old School Catholic Message Board

My New Name In Religion

AccountDeleted

[quote name='nunsense' post='1273917' date='May 15 2007, 05:27 AM']As far as I know, the religious name isn't used by a postulant, so I will still be Annie for awhile - that's why I was very surprised when Mother wrote to tell me what she wanted me to use. She said that the other postulant had chosen her own religious name (and Mother was happy with her choice) but she just felt that I should use Teresa's. I have been feeling a little abandoned lately (Mother's Day was hard since my daughter has rejected me completely now), so getting that email from her just made me feel wanted - sort of a present from Jesus.[/quote]

Oh, I'm so sorry about Mother's Day! :(

I'm sure your daughter will come around. It's hard when a daughter enters but when a mother enters it's a little harder, I think. I know some sisters from other religious communities who have entered and are mothers (they are called 'sister moms'). It's challenging but in so many ways they inspire me to persevere. Prayers! :pray:

sr betsy

AlterDominicus

Its just fantastic, Annie, praise God! I've never really been a Carmelite discerner, but I love them all the more.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1278261' date='May 21 2007, 10:31 AM']Its just fantastic, Annie, praise God! I've never really been a Carmelite discerner, but I love them all the more.[/quote]

Never been a Carmelite discerner? Why, wash your mouth out with soap! : :lol_roll:

My first discernment was with the Missionaries of Charity, and then I thought I was going to be a Poor Clare, but I think Our Lady pulled me into Carmel herself since my first memories of Catholicism were saying the rosary with our neighbors when I was a child. When I read St Teresa, I knew that she understood my heart! :rolleyes:

It is amazing how awesome God is, that there are so many orders and so many charisms - and there is one to suit every heart! And there are even new ones being formed all the time. Our God is an awesome God! :love:

AlterDominicus

[quote name='nunsense' post='1278379' date='May 21 2007, 04:18 AM']Never been a Carmelite discerner? Why, wash your mouth out with soap! : :lol_roll:

My first discernment was with the Missionaries of Charity, and then I thought I was going to be a Poor Clare, but I think Our Lady pulled me into Carmel herself since my first memories of Catholicism were saying the rosary with our neighbors when I was a child. When I read St Teresa, I knew that she understood my heart! :rolleyes:

It is amazing how awesome God is, that there are so many orders and so many charisms - and there is one to suit every heart! And there are even new ones being formed all the time. Our God is an awesome God! :love:[/quote]

I give you consent to wash my mouth out with soap: :lol_pound:

See the thing is I somehow came across a book of Prayers and Meditations on Saint Therese the Little Flower then I called up Sister Mary Emily who calls me "Little Amanda" from Nashville and she started going on and on about confirmation names for me and this was like 3 years ago, I barely knew her, and it went like this, "Amanda Cecilia, Amanda [some other name I cant think], Amanda Therese -" [cut off] "THERESE! TOTALLY!" And now I've been very Thereseian, I got two new books on Therese the Little Flower, there is more to the story, but its a summary. :) :P: