An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Just Got Back From Giving A Vocation Talk

philosophette

I know the feeling. One thing the vocations director said to me in his last email to me was that God has his own timetable and sometimes He is in no hurry :)

I am not aware of any eastern influences on MCiD. sorry :)

MCiD has a daughter house in Chicago, [url="http://www.chicagomonk.org/"]Monastery of the Holy Cross[/url]

philosophette

Its ok. Im really a plain Roman who likes a very simple, quiet Mass without a lot of fan fair. I like the silence.. .and you know the Liturgy of Chrysostom is NOT silent. lol.

That is cool that they have a daughter house. It seems to be South of downtown. Sometimes I really wish I had a car of my own so I could go places like that. oh well. I will not matter in a few months. ;)

AlterDominicus

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1271482' date='May 11 2007, 08:02 PM']Its ok. Im really a plain Roman who likes a very simple, quiet Mass without a lot of fan fair. I like the silence.. .and you know the Liturgy of Chrysostom is NOT silent. lol.

That is cool that they have a daughter house. It seems to be South of downtown. Sometimes I really wish I had a car of my own so I could go places like that. oh well. I will not matter in a few months. ;)[/quote]

Haha. You wish you had a car? I wish I had a car! I am unable to go to mass, confession, etc...everyday, I'm lucky to go once a week. I still have a list of nuns and Sisters I need to see, haha, and friends before I enter. Hahah :lol:

Johnny B Girl
+