An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tv Segment On Sr. Jeanette Marie

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Here is the clip(s)...
[url="http://www.azfamily.com/video/localnews-index.html?nvid=142185"]HERE[/url]

It's interesting to see how other religious families sing the Office!
Sitting and singing on one note is so different from us!

HeavenlyCalling

Very cool!! Thank you for sharing Sister. If anyone deserves vocations for faithfulness, it is these sisters!!!

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1268453' date='May 8 2007, 05:14 PM']Here is the clip(s)...
[url="http://www.azfamily.com/video/localnews-index.html?nvid=142185"]HERE[/url]

It's interesting to see how other religious families sing the Office!
Sitting and singing on one note is so different from us![/quote]
great! i will put it on my blog...the sitting down is a bit odd, but i see they dont have choir stalls yet...so..., ESPECIALLY sitting for the doxology..do they sit for the doxology in Alabama at Mother Angelicas ?
thanks

Totus Tuus

I loved chanting in the monotone note :love: It really is beautiful despite some people maybe thinking it sounds plain.

Chiquitunga

Awesome!!!! Thanks, Sr. Mary Catharine!!

There's a Part II, just in case anyone missed it. Scroll down to the bottom right corner.

I always find it so funny to see how the secular media reports things like this, as if it is so odd to leave the world and your family for Jesus.
But it's so great they do come to report it! And they did a very nice job here! ^_^

Edited by Margaret Clare

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='Margaret Clare' post='1269090' date='May 9 2007, 01:32 PM']Awesome!!!! Thanks, Sr. Mary Catharine!!

There's a Part II, just in case anyone missed it. Scroll down to the bottom right corner.

I always find it so funny to see how the secular media reports things like this, as if it is so odd to leave the world and your family for Jesus.
But it's so great they do come to report it! And they did a very nice job here! ^_^[/quote]

The whole tenor of secular reporting on those of us in religious life is always humorous! They just don't get it! We've learned that if we work really hard at it it helps them present a more accurate picture. The reporters are usually happy to be "educated".

I mean, just the opener about nuns coming out of a truck is too funny! Lots of nuns use trucks! So???

sunnysideup

[quote name='Veritas' post='1269502' date='May 9 2007, 06:31 PM']+

VERY nice![/quote]

I agree! :D:

the lords sheep

What amazes me is we hear of so many videos being made about Sisters from all sorts of sources. The world is aching for God right now, and I think that is really shown as its highlighted over and over in the media in the secular world.
Praise God for all those giving Glory to His name in this way!

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]I loved chanting in the monotone note :love: It really is beautiful despite some people maybe thinking it sounds plain.[/quote]

I think it sounds anything but plain. The [i]Agnus Dei[/i] in plainchant is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard.

Thank you so much Sister for sharing this clip with us. I agree with T T .......the chanting was beautiful.

Chiquitunga

[quote name='EJames' post='1268503' date='May 8 2007, 07:45 PM']great! i will put it on my blog...the sitting down is a bit odd, but i see they dont have choir stalls yet...so..., ESPECIALLY sitting for the doxology..do they sit for the doxology in Alabama at Mother Angelicas ?
thanks[/quote] They're standing for the Gloria on the little video on the Portsmouth site - [url="http://www.stjosephmonastery.com/"]http://www.stjosephmonastery.com/[/url]

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine']I mean, just the opener about nuns coming out of a truck is too funny! Lots of nuns use trucks! So???[/quote] :lol:

Edited by Margaret Clare