An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ever Heard Of These Sisters?

stlmom

I didn't know about this religious order until recently. Thought they looked like a solid community that some of our discerners might like if a small Franciscan community is attractive to them:

[url="http://www.osfholyeucharist.org/"]Sisters of St. Francis of the Holy Eucharist[/url]

[quote name='stlmom' post='1267132' date='May 7 2007, 04:31 PM']I didn't know about this religious order until recently. Thought they looked like a solid community that some of our discerners might like if a small Franciscan community is attractive to them:

[url="http://www.osfholyeucharist.org/"]Sisters of St. Francis of the Holy Eucharist[/url][/quote]
Okay... tell us the truth... which camp do you truly lie in... Benedictines or Franciscans? :hehe:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='shortnun' post='1267284' date='May 8 2007, 01:16 AM']Okay... tell us the truth... which camp do you truly lie in... Benedictines or Franciscans? :hehe:[/quote]

So long as it's not Dominican, what's the problem? :evil: :ninja: *scarpers from the hoardes, not to mention Sr. Mary Catherine*

PP

Chiquitunga

They're [url="http://religiouslife.com/vocsearch/search.phtml?view=d&my_id=193&criteria=d"]on the IRL site[/url], and I've seen pictures of the sisters at different IRL events. :)

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1267292' date='May 7 2007, 06:27 PM']So long as it's not Dominican, what's the problem? :evil: :ninja: *scarpers from the hoardes, not to mention Sr. Mary Catherine*

PP[/quote]
:getaclue: tisk, tisk PP.... :topsy:

[quote name='shortnun' post='1267284' date='May 7 2007, 06:16 PM']Okay... tell us the truth... which camp do you truly lie in... Benedictines or Franciscans? :hehe:[/quote]

Ummm...We mostly camp in the State Park system here... :lol: Really, I started the topic to promote more discerners to come to Missouri!

The Benedictine perspective is sooo well balanced, something my moody temperament needs to keep from going off on tangents all day long :blink: !
I think the Franciscan view of the world, more of a "fly by the seat of your pants" has it's place, too. :topsy:

The Dominicans are pretty smart people, at least the ones at Aquinas Institute are. I couldn't get through the day in a white dress without dripping mustard from my sandwich on it. I don't know how they do it :idontknow: .

onlygrace08

[quote name='stlmom' post='1267627' date='May 7 2007, 10:28 PM']Ummm...We mostly camp in the State Park system here... :lol: Really, I started the topic to promote more discerners to come to Missouri!
The Benedictine perspective is sooo well balanced, something my moody temperament needs to keep from going off on tangents all day long :blink: !
I think the Franciscan view of the world, more of a "fly by the seat of your pants" has it's place, too. :topsy:

The Dominicans are pretty smart people, at least the ones at Aquinas Institute are. I couldn't get through the day in a white dress without dripping mustard from my sandwich on it. I don't know how they do it :idontknow: .[/quote]

:) I think we really need some Carmelites on the Kansas City side of Missouri though! So many Benedictines!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
sanctafamilia

This was the first order I visited. They are orthodox. I like DSMME better, but these sisters are cool. They only have this one convent--which is a Motherhouse. They teach, nurse, run a South American Mission, and a retreat center (which is where aspirents stay for the weekend.) The time I went was their first retreat, do I don't know what is going on there now. I think they are returning to a more traditional habit instead of the modified one.

Thanks for posting--that's interesting about their community considering a more traditional habit.