An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Bought My One Way Ticket

philosophette

philosophette

I bought my one way ticket from O'Hare to Newark today! yay! It is one of those little milestones that one experiences as they enter religious life. The first one was experiencing that "at home" feeling with the Sisters.

It is for August 4th. We have to go to the Provincial House and surrounding Salesian area for two weeks before we head out to California. Our "medal ceremony" where we are officially admitted into the aspirancy is on August 14th. On August 18th we will leave for Bellflower, CA with the Provincial or Vice Provincial.

We are still at eight women for August... but Sr Colleen is working on more!

I ... am... so...... excited!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

2 months and 29 days until lift-off!

:yahoo:

Although she has been really quiet lately, Handmaid524 is also excited!

:saint:

Ora et Labora

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1265382' date='May 5 2007, 06:06 PM']I bought my one way ticket from O'Hare to Newark today! yay! It is one of those little milestones that one experiences as they enter religious life. The first one was experiencing that "at home" feeling with the Sisters.

It is for August 4th. We have to go to the Provincial House and surrounding Salesian area for two weeks before we head out to California. Our "medal ceremony" where we are officially admitted into the aspirancy is on August 14th. On August 18th we will leave for Bellflower, CA with the Provincial or Vice Provincial.

We are still at eight women for August... but Sr Colleen is working on more!

I ... am... so...... excited!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

2 months and 29 days until lift-off!

:yahoo:

Although she has been really quiet lately, Handmaid524 is also excited!

:saint:

hey!! are you really entering a salesian convent??!! that's sooo awesome! do you have their website or any other site i could learn more about these sisters? i just learned about salesians and they seem so neat! ^_^i am also looking into the carthusian and...someone else. hard name...so, forgive me. :sweat: anyway, congratulations![/quote]

Ora et Labora

sorry, somehow my post got inside the quote... "idontknow: but, it's there! :sweat:

philosophette

Yep... Salesians..... my phamily. :lol_roll:

Here are some places to see more info about them
[url="http://salesiansisterseast.org/"]Current website[/url]

[url="http://salesiansisters.wordpress.com/"]Dummy website they are using until they unveil the NEW AND IMPROVED one[/url]

My Blog.

:cool:

Ora et Labora

coolness! thank you lots for the sites! :D: most sisters are joyful. at least the ones i've met. ^_^

philosophette

Yeah the Sisters are awesome. I seemed to have left [url="http://intothedeep.wordpress.com"]my blog [/url]link off... I talk about them a lot on there and plant to keep it up during formation....
:pimp:

Ora et Labora

so, what color habit do they wear? :) i just spent these last two days during my free time, reading the rule of st. benedict. it was extremely interesting!

philosophette

The Salesian Sisters wear white or gray depending upon the weather and where they are at. They also have long sleeve and short sleeve habits, which I think is brilliant when it comes to working with kids!

The aspirants wear the usual navy blue pant/skirt with white blouse/vest pairing. ^_^

The Rule of St B is cool. :)

Ora et Labora

sounds like what the aspirants wear at SMME!

Edited by Ora et Labora

MC IMaGiNaZUN

I remember when I bought my one way ticket to novitiate. It was fun, because I had to go all around the way just to get one (they expect people to make round trips), and so I would go, and not come back!
Well now, the time is coming around where I will buy my ticket back to San Diego to make my vows soon.

Anyways, I met some of these Salesian sisters when I was in Los Angeles last year. They were awesome.

Jesus loves you
SHALOM
Mark
Ephrem of the Resurrection