An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fred Thompson On Hannity & Colmes

kujo

Would you vote for Thompson?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey ya'll. For the past few months, I've been advocating for a Fred Thompson nomination. The other night, he was on Hannity & Colmes being interviewed. It's 2 videos and he's simply awesome. Check out the videos:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCgdo0zpQZE"]Part I[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxJn9dSdPGQ"]Part II[/url]

Also, I did some research on the guy's stance on the the issues:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sagvVMfAUa4"]Fred on the Issues[/url]
[url="http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Fred_Thompson.htm"]On the Issue Issues[/url]

Yes, you heard it right: he's pro-life, anti-gay marriage, pro-family, in favor of states rights...

[img]http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/ap/wx11103111621.widec.jpg[/img]

Phoenix Reborn

[quote]Yes, you heard it right: he's pro-life, anti-gay marriage, pro-family, in favor of states rights...[/quote]

Nice! But I highly doubt he'll be elected...

Edited by Phoenix Reborn

[quote name='Phoenix Reborn' post='1262477' date='May 2 2007, 01:45 PM']Nice! But I highly doubt he'll be elected...[/quote]

Why? Because he's a real Republican?

Us Catholics need to mobilize and not be so pessimistic. If we don't, we'll end up with Giuliani or, even worse, Hillary!

he's got good recognition going for him, since he's been acting on the Law & Order series.

Paladin D

So far I'm very impressed with Fred Thompson. There's a couple things here and there I disagree with (ie: Voted NO on background checks at gun shows), but so far he's the guy I would feel most comfortable voting for.

he has a [i]much[/i] better chance than Brownback, and that's the truth.

I was a little reluctant about his pro-life stance because of the 'federalist' words he gave on the issue back in like '94, but I mostly believe they are being taken out of context. I believe I could confidently give him my vote today after listening to the youtube 'Fred on the Issues.' He's as pro-life (probably even more so) than Bush and I voted for him, so I believe Thompson has the best chance of all those pro-life.

plus, I cant wait to see him take on Obama or Hilary before the general election. It will be spectacular.

thanks for the vids, kujo.

Era Might

That guy is a politician? I remember him from an old episode of Roseanne.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Era Might' post='1263236' date='May 3 2007, 12:13 PM']That guy is a politician? I remember him from an old episode of Roseanne.[/quote]

I have a copy of Bedtime for Bonzo. Who knew from that Regan would go on to become one of the greatest Presidents ever?

so why is it that McCain is in the debate tonight, but Thompson is not? Did McCain formally announce? Maybe he did :idontknow:

[quote name='Didymus' post='1263417' date='May 3 2007, 05:55 PM']so why is it that McCain is in the debate tonight, but Thompson is not? Did McCain formally announce? Maybe he did :idontknow:[/quote]

McCain officially announced a few weeks ago.

And Thompson is going to be speaking at the same place tomorrow night.

While I haven't seen a whole lot of Fred Thompson, so far I've been favorably impressed by what I've seen. I especially liked his commentary on the VA Tech shootings and gun control which someone posted here from NRO. He seems like a straight-talker who doesn't bother with politically-correct games, as well as a Southern gentleman. I pray that he runs. I'd like to see a Thompson-Brownback ticket.

RezaMikhaeil

Fred Thomas seems like a good change from Mr. Bush. Being that I'm not counting on the Democrats ever [astleast in the next 50 years] providing us with a candidate worth voting for, if the independants don't ever get their act together, I'd probably consider voting for Fred but we'll have to see... as this is the only speech that I'd heard from him.

Reza

• 2 months later...
aalpha1989

[quote name='Socrates' post='1263633' date='May 3 2007, 10:11 PM']While I haven't seen a whole lot of Fred Thompson, so far I've been favorably impressed by what I've seen. I especially liked his commentary on the VA Tech shootings and gun control which someone posted here from NRO. He seems like a straight-talker who doesn't bother with politically-correct games, as well as a Southern gentleman. I pray that he runs. I'd like to see a Thompson-Brownback ticket.[/quote]

wow that ticket woudl be the best ever. i'd definitely vote that way. i love brownback, and i'd take him as a vp as well. :)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Socrates' post='1263633' date='May 3 2007, 10:11 PM']I'd like to see a Thompson-Brownback ticket.[/quote]
Ditto.