An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Communities That Have A Youth Apostolate

Veritas

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

[quote name='Veritas' post='1258688' date='Apr 28 2007, 09:07 AM']+

Thanks everyone! Keep them coming! But, just to make clear, this isn't for me, it is more of a general type list to be helpful to anyone and everyone and just so we are all a bit more informed. Naz, are you at liberty to post a link to your Benedictines?[/quote]
Well, each Benedictine Abbey is pretty much self-sufficient, but here's the link to the Abbey by me: [url="http://www.marmion.org/abbey.html"]http://www.marmion.org/abbey.html[/url]
And thanks for the info. about the Brothers of St. John, Lauren. I looked at the dates, though, and the only one that would possibly work for me is the one in North Dakota, and that's just a bit too far, plus I am already doing a lot this summer, so my parents most likely would not let me go on another retreat. Thanks though!

May God bless and protect you always in all of your endeavors, especially your discernment!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe

Edited by NazFarmer

Domine ut Videam

[quote name='NazFarmer' post='1262025' date='May 1 2007, 07:33 PM']Well, each Benedictine Abbey is pretty much self-sufficient, but here's the link to the Abbey by me: [url="http://www.marmion.org/abbey.html"]http://www.marmion.org/abbey.html[/url]
And thanks for the info. about the Brothers of St. John, Lauren. I looked at the dates, though, and the only one that would possibly work for me is the one in North Dakota, and that's just a bit too far, plus I am already doing a lot this summer, so my parents most likely would not let me go on another retreat. Thanks though!

May God bless and protect you always in all of your endeavors, especially your discernment!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe[/quote]
just keep in mind though coming down any time though.....they love visitors and just built a lovely new vistor center house place.... :soccer: and they love to play soccer and hacky-sack with their guests.... :rolleyes:

Totus Tuus

The religious who put on the ADORE conferences, which I think were founded in the Philippines, are very youth-centered and extremely orthodox. I believe their womens' community is cloistered, so they wouldn't have the active apostolate, but the men have an active and a cloistered branch. I've met the active brothers. They're a very international group and they do a lot of youth- and family-centered activities all over the world.

As for womens' communities, the Daughters of St. Paul have a particular focus (though not explicitly a part of their apostolate I don't think) on the youth.

johnnydigit

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1262846' date='May 2 2007, 05:52 PM']The religious who put on the ADORE conferences, which I think were founded in the Philippines, are very youth-centered and extremely orthodox. I believe their womens' community is cloistered, so they wouldn't have the active apostolate, but the men have an active and a cloistered branch. I've met the active brothers. They're a very international group and they do a lot of youth- and family-centered activities all over the world.

As for womens' communities, the Daughters of St. Paul have a particular focus (though not explicitly a part of their apostolate I don't think) on the youth.[/quote]

yep i think that would be OATH i mentioned in another thread, led by Fr. Bing.

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1246915' date='Apr 16 2007, 11:33 PM']OATH - Oblate Apostles of the Two Hearts. (Alliance of the Two Hearts, Alliance of the Holy Family) afaik, they're based in the Philippines. they have like 750 brothers and like 5 houses and sister houses. started by Fr. Bing Arellano from EWTN. that's about all i know. they don't have an official website, i just heard this at a retreat he spoke at.

DUDE that video is freaking AWESOME! those franciscans crack me up! i'm so into snowboarding and just learning to skate. i'm like an adrenaline junky, but i have to try and respect my temple and not break a bone or skull.[/quote]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=66416"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=66416[/url]

Totus Tuus

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1263084' date='May 3 2007, 01:49 AM']yep i think that would be OATH i mentioned in another thread, led by Fr. Bing.[/quote]

Yes, you're right! Sorry, I didn't have time to read through all the posts ^_^

They are a terrific group :)

• 4 months later...
Guest heartofyouth

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1262846' date='May 3 2007, 08:52 AM']The religious who put on the ADORE conferences, which I think were founded in the Philippines, are very youth-centered and extremely orthodox. I believe their womens' community is cloistered, so they wouldn't have the active apostolate, but the men have an active and a cloistered branch. I've met the active brothers. They're a very international group and they do a lot of youth- and family-centered activities all over the world.

As for womens' communities, the Daughters of St. Paul have a particular focus (though not explicitly a part of their apostolate I don't think) on the youth.[/quote]

just to clear things, fr bring did found this great congregation that works with the youth. however there are six congregations currently. three for men and three for women. contemplative (for men and women), religous (for men and women) and secular (also for men and women) which makes them six in total.

it's so cool to join them cause you have everything in there. if you want religous (missionary), or secular (tri-media) or contemplative -- it's there! you need not go out, and look for the order that really fits you...some people spend a lifetime choosing. you guys could shorten yours, you know. check them out! :rolleyes:

[quote name='heartofyouth' post='1384007' date='Sep 12 2007, 02:37 AM']just to clear things, fr bring did found this great congregation that works with the youth. however there are six congregations currently. three for men and three for women. contemplative (for men and women), religous (for men and women) and secular (also for men and women) which makes them six in total.

it's so cool to join them cause you have everything in there. if you want religous (missionary), or secular (tri-media) or contemplative -- it's there! you need not go out, and look for the order that really fits you...some people spend a lifetime choosing. you guys could shorten yours, you know. check them out! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Do you have a link? I'd be particularly interested in the contemplatives.

Blessings,
Gemma

Ave Maria Totus Tuus

There is a fairly new community that was founded by a guy from my hometown, The Servants of Christ Jesus. They are focused on the new evangelization with youth. They are now based in Colorado. Check out their website, [url="http://www.servantsofchristjesus.com"]http://www.servantsofchristjesus.com[/url]

Br. Paul was my Confirmation teacher before he started the community!

The Carmelite Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Los Angeles in Alhambra have teaching as one of their different apostolates. Four teach at my high school, four at an elementary school (both private Catholic) and I think there might be other Sisters teaching in other states. Their community's focus, however, isn't only on the youth.

Their website is still down...