An Old School Catholic Message Board

Slavery

dairygirl4u2c

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

thessalonian

Dairy,

I do have to say that it is extremely funny you saying I don't like to debate and run away from hard questions.
If you think I don't like to debate you most certainly don't know me. I've debated with far more intellectual protestants than you on many other boards on the internet. If you don't believe me I'll send you some links where you can find me debating with rabid anti-catholics on the most difficult issues. No, it is not that I don't like to debate or run away. It's just that I don't like to debate you. I know that hurts your ego about how intellectual you are but it's a sad fact.

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1251602' date='Apr 21 2007, 10:56 AM']You know, I've had about enough of your ad-homs.[/quote]
Ditto that.

Ad-hominems and name-calling hardly qualify as "intellectual debate."

And incoherent does not equal intellectual.

[quote name='kujo' post='1249961' date='Apr 20 2007, 12:16 AM']Furthermore, the political parties now are not the same as they were back then. A Democrat in the 1800s is a Republican now, and a Democrat now was a Democratic-Republican then.[/quote]
Actually, the Democrats began much earlier as the Democratic-Republicans (and were originally opposed by the Whigs, which had become largely obsolete by the mid 19th century). The Republican Party was founded at the time of the war, with Lincoln as its first president.

What each party stands for has actually changed many times through the years.

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]The majority here are not liberal or conservative i dare say, but Catholic. You simply don't understand what that is.[/quote]

Bingo. I don't like it when I see the terms 'liberal' and 'conservative' being used so casually. Also, as a Brit, whenever I hear the word conservative I automatically think of the Conservative Party. That doesn't help. :unsure: