An Old School Catholic Message Board

Visiting The Pcpa's For The 2nd Time

Margaret

:rolleyes: I am soooooo excited i can hardly concentrate on any thing else :drool: I CANT WAIT!!!!!

In 9 more days I am going to go visit the PCPA's of OLSM :) and I will be staying for 7 days :D: and I will be there for Sr.Marys Clothing in the Holy Habit :clap: Woohoooo! :banana:
Any way please pray for me during that time, :sign: I will pray for all of you :saint:

God Bless
Marge

Chiquitunga

What an incredible monastery they have planned!! And in the desert, that's so cool!

[img]http://www.desertnuns.com/images/web_backyard.jpg[/img]

"I will lead her into the desert and there I will speak to her heart .." (Hosea 2:16)

AlterDominicus

Nice. I am pretty decent friends with them. Besides I became official when I met the LOTR group at IRL.

[quote name='Rose_of_Sharon' post='1248219' date='Apr 19 2007, 12:20 AM']:rolleyes: I am soooooo excited i can hardly concentrate on any thing else :drool: I CANT WAIT!!!!!

In 9 more days I am going to go visit the PCPA's of OLSM :) and I will be staying for 7 days :D: and I will be there for Sr.Marys Clothing in the Holy Habit :clap: Woohoooo! :banana:
Any way please pray for me during that time, :sign: I will pray for all of you :saint:

God Bless
Marge[/quote]
:D HOW WONDERFUL ....... that your second visit to the PCPA's of OLSM coincides with Sr. Mary's Clothing Ceremony. :P: I am sure that you will have a lovely time with this young and vibrant community.You will be in my prayers. God Bless.

Yeah they Love LOTR :club: and that picture of them with swords. :numchucks:
pp is Right it is Our Lady of Solitude Monestary :cowboy: I love that it is out in the desert :tumbleweed: and That verse :D:

Thanks for your prayers

Marge

Sr Mary Catharine OP

May I ask why no one seems interested in joining the Portsmouth monastery? They seem like such a lovely community! I know that they want to build a new monastery out in the country but are waiting for more vocations.

Just thought that if there are any Poor Clare vocations out there you'd want to think about it! :rolleyes:

God bless you!
Sr. Mary Catharine

Divine_Mercy504

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1249567' date='Apr 19 2007, 07:38 PM']May I ask why no one seems interested in joining the Portsmouth monastery? They seem like such a lovely community! I know that they want to build a new monastery out in the country but are waiting for more vocations.

Just thought that if there are any Poor Clare vocations out there you'd want to think about it! :rolleyes:

God bless you!
Sr. Mary Catharine[/quote]

I contacted them before, but they said that I should not consider joining there becuase they have very bad allergens (I have asthma, so that would be basically impossible for me!).

I'm not sure why there aren't a lot of people interested in joining there. They have people enter, but they seem to leave so qucikly. hmm...

Prayers that they may receive many vocations!
Rachel

TotusTuusMaria

[center]J.M.J.[/center]

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1249567' date='Apr 19 2007, 06:38 PM']May I ask why no one seems interested in joining the Portsmouth monastery? They seem like such a lovely community! I know that they want to build a new monastery out in the country but are waiting for more vocations.

God bless you!

I contacted them as well. I really liked them, but I am still discerning. Now though, I feel God calling to a Carmelite vocation, but... you never know. As for all of the PCPAs the community in Portsmouth attracts me the most because of various reasons. I pray that they get more vocations, and that God places in their way a benefactor so that they can build the new monastery I know they are hoping to build. May God bless them!

And to the original poster: That is so exciting! I am so happy for you, and what a wonderful time to go too! May God bless you and enlighten you to His will while you are with them!

In Jesus and Mary,
Marie

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1249567' date='Apr 19 2007, 06:38 PM']May I ask why no one seems interested in joining the Portsmouth monastery? They seem like such a lovely community! I know that they want to build a new monastery out in the country but are waiting for more vocations.

God bless you!

I don't know if this makes any difference, but it seems there are 3-4 Poor Clare monasteries in Ohio. I don't know how that compares with other states in the US, but that seems like quite a few for one region. Anybody know how the other Poor Clares in Ohio are doing?