An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nun Shoes

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering... where do sisters get their shoes? Just walmart or something? Because I need to keep an eye out for a pair....

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1246275' date='Apr 16 2007, 08:29 PM']Hi everyone,
I was just wondering... where do sisters get their shoes? Just walmart or something? Because I need to keep an eye out for a pair....[/quote]

New Balance are good
Easy Spirit
SAS

We buy our shoes from ZAPPOS! Good prices, free shipping and you can send them back.

Nuns are on their feet all day so you want to get good shoes that will not fall apart in a few months!

Right now, I'm wearing Easy Spirits and I like them.

God bless you!
What Order are you entering?

Sr. Mary Catharine

be_thou_my_vision

Thank you Sister! This is exactly what I needed!
I am entering the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration in Mishawaka, IN. Alleluia!
God Bless!

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1246317' date='Apr 16 2007, 08:42 PM']New Balance are good
Easy Spirit
SAS

We buy our shoes from ZAPPOS! Good prices, free shipping and you can send them back.

Nuns are on their feet all day so you want to get good shoes that will not fall apart in a few months!

Right now, I'm wearing Easy Spirits and I like them.

God bless you!
What Order are you entering?

Sr. Mary Catharine[/quote]

Can't say anything + or - about New Balance shoes. I got one pair of Easy Spirit (albeit heals, I think) that I completely hated. SAS shoes rock (ever since I entered postulancy with a community and had to get a pair of SAS walking shoes (freestyle?) and a pair of their sandals, I've been a loyal customer).

However SAS shoes are a bit expensive -- but worth every penny. They last a good 2-3-4 years (the sandals lasted about 3 ... I still have the original pair with a buckle that's about to drop. I replaced the walking shoes at about 3 years as well. I've got a pair of black flats that I've used on and off for 2 years that are still going).

I'm happy you're entering the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration in Mishawaka, IN. I visited them a number of years ago and even though it wasn't the community for me I thought very highly of them (it was a "almost it").

Edited by cmariadiaz

Chiquitunga

[quote name='nunsense' post='1246416' date='Apr 16 2007, 06:37 PM']Join a discalced order - then you won't need to worry at all :lol_roll:[/quote]
:hehe:

Chiquitunga

But seriously, as a postulant I wore black Easy Spirit walking shoes and I'm still wearing one of the pairs I bought today!

Edited by Margaret Clare

the lords sheep

If you need sandals, I LOVE my Chaco sandals. I wore them when I traveled around Europe... I probably walked 1000+ miles on them at this point (although they're beginning to wear out). My traveling companion wore out one pair of shoes and had to buy new ones we walked so much. The shoes have nice arch support and, of course, come in the all important black ;)
You can buy them online or at sporting goods stores (Which I recommend because you can get fitted and because you may be able to find a sale)

Edited by the lords sheep

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1246920' date='Apr 17 2007, 01:45 AM']If you need sandals, I LOVE my Chaco sandals. I wore them when I traveled around Europe... I probably walked 1000+ miles on them at this point (although they're beginning to wear out). My traveling companion wore out one pair of shoes and had to buy new ones we walked so much. The shoes have nice arch support and, of course, come in the all important black ;)
You can buy them online or at sporting goods stores (Which I recommend because you can get fitted and because you may be able to find a sale)[/quote]

Oh yeah, I forgot about Chacos. They are [i]really[/i] comfortable. The pair I wore had been stretched out by a sister who had wider feet than myself, so they slipped off, but they were still comfortable!

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1247027' date='Apr 17 2007, 11:12 AM']Oh yeah, I forgot about Chacos. They are [i]really[/i] comfortable. The pair I wore had been stretched out by a sister who had wider feet than myself, so they slipped off, but they were still comfortable![/quote]
Chacos and Merrells... and Keens. All AMAZING brands.

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1246354' date='Apr 16 2007, 05:55 PM']Thank you Sister! This is exactly what I needed!
I am entering the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration in Mishawaka, IN. Alleluia!
God Bless![/quote]

Oh are those the ones who rap?

Chiquitunga

[url="http://www.seekholiness.com/html/videos/video_rapping.htm"]The Rapping Nuns[/url]

:rap: :hehe:

Hey, I stayed for a while with the CMC Sisters (Congregation of the Mother of Carmel - Indian congregation) at one of their convents in Chicago, and they love the Mishawaka Franciscans! ([url="http://www.ssfpa.org/"]www.ssfpa.org[/url]) They talk about them all the time! They go on retreats their sometimes.

Edited by Margaret Clare