An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nuns At Disney Land!

Deus te Amat

Deus te Amat

I saw some nuns at Disney Land!!!

my school band was playing... and one of them stood by and watched the entire time... she kept looking at me, and when i smiled at her, she smiled back.... i wished i could have talked to her... she seemed to enjoy our concert

when it was over, another younger nun walked up... the one that had been there pointed over at me, and they waved.... i waved back and grinned... they were really cool...

i looked for them the rest of the evening.. couldnt find them anywhere... but they definately impacted me... and i dont really know how...

these nuns wore black, supposedly there were other nuns there wearing white, i didnt see them either

so cool!!

Deus te Amat

[quote name='onlygrace08' post='1243387' date='Apr 14 2007, 10:27 PM']How fun! I saw a nun at Walmart once. :) She was in the toy section although, I was too shy to talk to her. :)[/quote]

haha

i see nuns approximately once a year, at steubenville youth conferences or another retreat

i saw my first nun when i was 15... lol

yup

kinda disappointing... but they are the coolest people i have met in my entire life! they are amazing!

johnnydigit

i so love nuns! i love seeing them. they are so beautiful. they make my heart glow. i want to marry a girl who at least discerned the religious life (like we're all supposed to do). is there a thread around here that gives a "woahhhh i love nuns!"?

anywho i wonder what they were doing there..

Deus te Amat

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1243633' date='Apr 14 2007, 11:51 PM']i so love nuns! i love seeing them. they are so beautiful. they make my heart glow. i want to marry a girl who at least discerned the religious life (like we're all supposed to do). is there a thread around here that gives a "woahhhh i love nuns!"?

anywho i wonder what they were doing there..[/quote]

we should make a thread

i'm seriously discerning the religious life... and i hardly ever see them, but every time i do, the yearning and desire to be one of them comes back stronger than ever before....

your words are so beautiful... i wish there were more men like you....

thank you

A Yearning Heart

There are not alot of nuns wearing the habit down here so sometimes they are impossible to pick out of a crowd. There should be more !!! I hardly ever see nuns in Oz :tumbleweed: but when I do im not really sure how to act :idontknow: -i want to go talk to them but am a bit nervous etc and then, well-I just feel silly, saying that i just wanted to say hi! :duh:

HeavenlyCalling

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1243460' date='Apr 14 2007, 11:05 PM']haha

i see nuns approximately once a year, at steubenville youth conferences or another retreat

i saw my first nun when i was 15... lol

yup

kinda disappointing... but they are the coolest people i have met in my entire life! they are amazing![/quote]
Same here. There is one older Sister of St. Joe who wears the full tradition habit ( one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life) but for the most part I just meet them at Stuebenville. Last year there were three sisters from a local order. They wore grey habits and there was one wearing a black veil, one novice and a postulent who looked way to young to be a nun. I think they were mostly contemplative, but were there for a retreat and stopped by for Adoration ( after which I cornered them for a talk) I really wish there were more sisters around.