An Old School Catholic Message Board

Let The Demonization

FullTruth

Hey now, if these Nephilim are giants ,why then is it that my whole families height is from 4'11 to 5'8 ??????????? there could be a 5'10 er in there, but thats pushing it! JC

Guest T-Bone

Well, they're giants compared to little people.

Besides, FT's theory doesn't have to make sense. He has it on good authority that it's true.

Justin (Wiccan)

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1245293' date='Apr 16 2007, 01:24 AM']Did my post on the occult influecning the government hit too close to home, Justin?[/quote]

Hardly, FT. You've demonstrated that you're willing to listen to any liar that tickles your ears. Beyond that, I'm not impressed.

cathoholic_anonymous

FullTruth, you are not well. Please see a doctor. Seriously.

Your spirituality is really suffering as a result of your mental health problems. No person who is genuinely close to God seeks to 'provoke' demons 'to help me in my spiritual warfare training'. "There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an unhealthy interest in them. They themselves are equally pleased in both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight," wrote C.S. Lewis.

The only way to come close to God is to focus on God. To love Him with all your heart, with your soul, and with all your mind. Do this, and any demons will be taken care of without you having to obsess over them. Unfortunately, it seems that you would rather cling to a delusion of grandeur (the belief that you have 'special' powers and are a favourite target for devils) rather than learn to pray honestly.

Honest love for God is what must take you to see a doctor now. If I knew you in real life, I would try and say this more gently, but it is your health that I'm concerned about.

Edited by Cathoholic Anonymous

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote]But the men that went up with him said: 'We are not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we.' And they spread an evil report of the land which they had spied out unto the children of Israel, saying: 'The land, through which we have passed to spy it out, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of great stature. And there we saw the Nephilim, the sons of Anak, who come of the Nephilim; and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.'[/quote]

FT, you should take note of the context, which clearly indicates that the men were lying and exaggerating in order to scare the Israelites. While there were men of great stature, I don't recall that anything indicates they were actually nephilim.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1245512' date='Apr 16 2007, 08:02 AM']FullTruth, you are not well. Please see a doctor. Seriously.

Honest love for God is what must take you to see a doctor now. If I knew you in real life, I would try and say this more gently, but it is your health that I'm concerned about.[/quote]
:yes:

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1245165' date='Apr 15 2007, 08:48 PM']Uh oh. I am O+..my wife is O-

Your theory certainly explains her mood swings once a month *ducks thrown frying pan* :bash:[/quote]

First Theo has a problem with geese.

Now Groo is getting attacked by ducks?

AND WITH FRYING PANS!?!?

[quote name='Justin (Wiccan)' post='1245508' date='Apr 16 2007, 08:07 AM']Hardly, FT. You've demonstrated that you're willing to listen to any liar that tickles your ears. Beyond that, I'm not impressed.[/quote]
Okay Justin, prove me wrong.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1245545' date='Apr 16 2007, 08:50 AM']First Theo has a problem with geese.

Now Groo is getting attacked by ducks?

AND WITH FRYING PANS!?!?[/quote]
The geese by my house are quite menacing. I can most definitely identify with Theo's issues.

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1245559' date='Apr 16 2007, 08:09 AM']Okay Justin, prove me wrong.[/quote]

Is that how it works now? I can throw out any statement that I want and its incumbent on others to prove it wrong?

ELVIS IS STILL ALIVE

SANDRA BULLOCK IS SECRETLY IN LOVE WITH ME

Ok now prove me wrong folks

FT what about your responsibility towards proving yourself right?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1245559' date='Apr 16 2007, 11:09 AM']Okay Justin, prove me wrong.[/quote]
Nope it doesn't work that way.
. Rh- means you are lacking a blood factor. Rh- can be fixed with a shot of gamma gobulin stuff so then its gone.
There are hundreds of blood factors, so why are you zeroing in on that particular one? Our bodies are wonderously made, designed by God, so there is no possibility of "demon" blood.

My background is in nursing, so I do know about these things, and obviously you do not.

What is your "good authority" ?

Fess up or shut up.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1245600' date='Apr 16 2007, 10:43 AM']Fess up or shut up.[/quote]
:applause:

Justin (Wiccan)

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1245559' date='Apr 16 2007, 11:09 AM']Okay Justin, prove me wrong.[/quote]

That's called "Shifting the burden of proof," FT--and it's not an accurate method of discovering truth, nor is it a valid method of debate. You are the person who stated the claims that Nephilim exist in today's society. You are the person who stated that Nephilim have RH- blood. You have given no evidence for your claims, and the burden of proof for those claims remains with you.

Now, on certain of your claims, you have provided a modicum of what can be called "evidence," but some of your evidence is already suspect enough to be dismissed. When you cited Russo's "America: Freedom to Fascism," you cited a known liar and opportunist: Russo has been caught (rather frequently) in lies and distortion of the facts, and is not a trustworthy source. His movie, however, tickles the ears of some, hence my counter-claim that you are willing to listen to "liar that tickles your ears." Now, for the claim that Russo is a liar and an opportunist, I still carry the burden of proof, as I have not presented the evidence for my claim. If you wish, I shall do so.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1245580' date='Apr 16 2007, 10:26 AM']Is that how it works now? I can throw out any statement that I want and its incumbent on others to prove it wrong?

ELVIS IS STILL ALIVE

SANDRA BULLOCK IS SECRETLY IN LOVE WITH ME

Ok now prove me wrong folks
FT what about your responsibility towards proving yourself right?[/quote]

Elvis - TRUE - He works at Hulen Mall in Fort Worth

Sandra Bullock - FALSE - Because she is in love with me, as are all brunettes with small noses. Hmph!

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1245512' date='Apr 16 2007, 08:02 AM']FullTruth, you are not well. Please see a doctor. Seriously.

Your spirituality is really suffering as a result of your mental health problems. No person who is genuinely close to God seeks to 'provoke' demons 'to help me in my spiritual warfare training'. [b]"There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an unhealthy interest in them. They themselves are equally pleased in both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight[/b]," wrote C.S. Lewis.

The only way to come close to God is to focus on God. To love Him with all your heart, with your soul, and with all your mind. Do this, and any demons will be taken care of without you having to obsess over them. Unfortunately, it seems that you would rather cling to a delusion of grandeur (the belief that you have 'special' powers and are a favourite target for devils) rather than learn to pray honestly.

Honest love for God is what must take you to see a doctor now. If I knew you in real life, I would try and say this more gently, but it is your health that I'm concerned about.[/quote]

I need to echo this FT.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1245600' date='Apr 16 2007, 10:43 AM']Nope it doesn't work that way.
. Rh- means you are lacking a blood factor. Rh- can be fixed with a shot of gamma gobulin stuff so then its gone.
There are hundreds of blood factors, so why are you zeroing in on that particular one? Our bodies are wonderously made, designed by God, so there is no possibility of "demon" blood.

My background is in nursing, so I do know about these things, and obviously you do not.
What is your "good authority" ?[/quote]

another medical junkie..woot-woot