An Old School Catholic Message Board

Something To Think About...

Budge

Could someone give me a total on how many Catholics Budge has saved from the clutches of the Roman Catholic Church since she's arrived here?

It's comforting to know she hasn't changed and is still practicing her rather unorthodox form of fundamentalist Christianity. A religion of one it is and a religion of one it remains.

Good morning, Budge. :detective:

Edited by Shandalear

I expect the seeds I plant here to take years.

I had Christians preach the gospel to me 15 years before I was born again.

So I guess Im more patient then others.

:rolleyes:

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Shandalear' post='1251530' date='Apr 21 2007, 09:12 AM']And what about the seeds that are being olanted in you?[/quote]

She's not going to even recognize that quite yet, as she said it's going to take another 15 years!

[quote name='Shandalear' post='1251474' date='Apr 21 2007, 11:53 AM']Could someone give me a total on how many Catholics Budge has saved from the clutches of the Roman Catholic Church since she's arrived here?

It's comforting to know she hasn't changed and is still practicing her rather unorthodox form of fundamentalist Christianity. A religion of one it is and a religion of one it remains.

Good morning, Budge. :detective:[/quote]

To date, I can't remember hearing about anyone who has left the Church due to Budge's efforts. To be honest with you, I think that she has had quite the opposite effect.

I'm sure she has. But you know, the mind of the fundamentalist works in mysterious ways to justify the condemnation of others by way of the rejection of their personally branded religious beliefs.

I have a theory that if all other religions disappeared from the face of the Earth today, fundamentalists would begin to cannabalize each other leaving the last of their kind to starve to death.

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]To date, I can't remember hearing about anyone who has left the Church due to Budge's efforts. To be honest with you, I think that she has had quite the opposite effect.[/quote]

She has. I have quite a few friends who are considering Christianity. My policy with evangelism is simply to pray, live as Christ taught me (or try to, anyway!) and answer questions when asked. When one curious friend asked me to explain the differences between Catholicism and Protestantism, I directed her to a number of websites - some Protestant, some Catholic, and some ecumenical. I also showed her this debate table.

She's a mathematics student and a very gifted one at that. She likes logic. And she's now in RCIA. :)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1251515' date='Apr 21 2007, 10:03 AM']I expect the seeds I plant here to take years.

I had Christians preach the gospel to me 15 years before I was born again.

So I guess Im more patient then others.

:rolleyes:[/quote]
Good, let's set up a committee and we can schedule a reunion for 2022. :)

We'll still be Catholic (I hope), but none of us, I'm fairly certain, will be Budgean.

CatholicCid

[quote name='Raphael' post='1251693' date='Apr 21 2007, 12:21 PM']Good, let's set up a committee and we can schedule a reunion for 2022. :)

We'll still be Catholic (I hope), but none of us, I'm fairly certain, will be Budgean.[/quote]

Maybe she'll have continued her debate with you on the Immaculate Conception by then :disguise:

[quote]We'll still be Catholic (I hope), but none of us, I'm fairly certain, will be Budgean.[/quote]

Actually I just care if youre Christians and are born again.

All this claims that I am in a church of ONE, is nonsense given I moved away from a loved church with 100 members and visiting one tommorow with around 900, I sure do find a lot of other Budgieans who believe in salvation via faith and in the Bible....

:rolleyes:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1251740' date='Apr 21 2007, 12:54 PM']Actually I just care if youre Christians and are born again.

All this claims that I am in a church of ONE, is nonsense given I moved away from a loved church with 100 members and visiting one tommorow with around 900, I sure do find a lot of other Budgieans who believe in salvation via faith and in the Bible....

We believe in salvation via faith and we believe in the Bible...and we're born again.

So why are you against us?

[quote name='Budge' post='1251740' date='Apr 21 2007, 01:54 PM']Actually I just care if youre Christians and are born again.

Do you even know what the Bible says. It seems to me you know a few verses that you memorized as weapons of attack against the One true Church (the Holy Catholic Church). I bet if you read past these verses, you would be surprised that the Church actually hold true to the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Fundamentalism is not a seed, it does not find good ground and put "life" into it in order that it may grow into something beautiful.

Rather it takes something either beauitiful and complete, or beautiful and young and destroys the beauty that is in it, destorts the reality of the situation and the fruit is not unity, not humility, not a reverent respect for the divine. Rather it is a hate for others that do not subscribe to their personal, and relatively new, "take" on the christian faith. There are only 2 things in nature that are comparable to this. That is cancer, and a virus.

The modern "fundamentalist bible church" resembles more of a country club then a historical place of worship.

If Salvation comes through faith and the Bible, then you don't believe in salvation by faith alone. You believe in salvation by faith and literacy.

Surely this is not what you meant to say.