An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bad News, Need Prayer

lsoliman

I will certainly pray, but I am equally convinced that this may be a strong sign that God has other plans for you... so get ready!!!

TotusTuusMaria

[center]J.M.J.[/center]
I will pray for you.

"Jesus is my strength. Jesus is my rock. I trust His wisdom and His will in my life." - Mother Angelica

"In daily events I must see the providence of God. Remember this one little truth: Nothing happens to you without the stamp of His providence placed upon it before it happens. That's faith." - Mother Angelica

May God love you!

May God bless you!

I also, believe God has something else that He wills to do with you. Trust in Jesus!

In Jesus and Mary,
Marie

Dear SoOLoGC,

How are things now? Are you doing all right?

It may be very beneficial for you to frequent the sacraments like never before during this time in your life. Stay strong; Our Lord is right there with you! And we're praying for you.

Lauren

[quote name='Staretz' post='1227265' date='Apr 2 2007, 01:29 PM']That is hard news. I will pray for vocational clarity for you[/quote]

Thank you for your prayers, you will be in mine too.

[quote name='alicemary' post='1227315' date='Apr 2 2007, 02:58 PM']The Lord has not abandoned you, He is showing you the way. It may not be the way YOU have chosen, but His path. Be open to the whisperings of your heart.There is a reason that particular order may not be for you, do not be discouraged. Your future work may take you down a road you never dreamed of. I share your dissapointment, but encourage you to place yourself on the altar of His love. It is not YOUR will but HIS. And He did not promise anyone that this would be easy.
I hope that the fathers have shared with you why you were not accepted. Take this information and grow by it. It may be true, it might not be. Start your search again!
Our prayers join with you.
Alicemary[/quote]

Thanks for your great words of encouragement! I especially like your mentioning that HE did not promise anyone this would be easy. Please continue to keep me in prayer and I will pray for you too.

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1227744' date='Apr 2 2007, 08:25 PM']MFVA...? Are they the friars in Alabama?? I'm sooo sorry to here this news. It must be such a cross to have to carry. But, once, from a friend, I was told during hard times that God gives some more difficult paths then others because He knows they can handle it! That is a little encouraging...if only a little. God bless you![/quote]

It is very encouraging, thank you! If our dear Lord permits this cross, then so be it!

If not Alabama, then somewhere else!

[quote name='happynun' post='1227758' date='Apr 2 2007, 08:27 PM']I will certainly pray, but I am equally convinced that this may be a strong sign that God has other plans for you... so get ready!!![/quote]

Even though I'm disappointed, I'm also rather excited! Who knows what our dear Lord has in store for me. Thank you for your prayers, you are in mine too.

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1227706' date='Apr 2 2007, 08:08 PM']awww. I'm sorry to hear that...My prayers are with you..[/quote]

Thank you, and my prayers are with you.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Son of Our Lady of Good Counsel' post='1229684' date='Apr 4 2007, 01:26 PM']It is very encouraging, thank you! If our dear Lord permits this cross, then so be it!

If not Alabama, then somewhere else![/quote]

they are wonderfil friars and i would have been disappointed too. but that's the spirit!! :) God has you in His hands.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

You are indeed God's... Prayers that you may find where God desires you to be!

[quote name='Son of Our Lady of Good Counsel' post='1227038' date='Apr 2 2007, 10:07 AM'][font="Georgia"][size=4]Please pray for me:

[url="http://veritas-lsoliman.blogspot.com/"]http://veritas-lsoliman.blogspot.com/[/url][/size][/font][/quote]

lwhat a bummer!

Is it conceivable for you to politely inquire as to why you were refused ( and promise not to argue with their observations).

The Friars may have some constructive suggestions they could pass on to you for the future.

The stories of the saints are littered with refusals, notably the parents of St. Therese.

jkaands

A hugh thank you to all of you who have supported me with prayer and counsel, may His Divine Majesty repay your kindness!