An Old School Catholic Message Board

Voting This Week For My Entry

AccountDeleted

AccountDeleted

Mother Prioress at Wolverhampton Carmelite Monastery in England wrote to me to say that the Chapter is voting on my application this week. She did say...
"I am not in any doubt about the outcome and I will let you know when I have results."

This is very promising, but please pray for me to be accepted. I am so excited....

FaithfulRoseofMary

Most definitely be assured of my prayers. This is very exciting.
I will say a rosary each day for you this week, praying that the Lord draw you closer to His heart and the heart of this beautiful community of Carmelites.

God bless you,
FaithfulRose :)

AccountDeleted

Today was so wonderful. A phatmasser here wrote to me to tell me about the Carmelites in Singapore, so today I wanted to check them out. The nuns have had to move out of their convent because of termites, so they aren't receiving visitors right now, but the friars actually work out of a church in the downtown area.

First I went to the Cathedral for Mass and then a few blocks away is the Church of Sts Peter and Paul, so I walked from the Cathedral to there. Next to the church was a bookstore, so I just popped in an bought a couple of books first. Then I visited the Church and stopped by the parish office to ask the secretary about the friars, and she took me to meet the parish priest, Father Thomas, who is a Discalced Carmelite. I told him that I am hoping to enter a cloistered Carmelite convent in England around July and that I have been appointed a spiritual director who is a Jesuit. I asked if I should change to a Carmelite priest. He told me that all of the young religious in Singapore are sent to the Jesuits for their training first, no matter what order they are from, and that it was right for me to work with Father Chris. All the aspiring Carmelite priests go to him as well! That made me feel very good.

Then Father Thomas gave me a little Carmelite nun doll that is made by the Carmelite nuns in Thailand. She is wearing the traditional habit and is so cute - lol! He told me that there are four Carmelite convents in Thailand. He was so sweet to me, and even walked me all the way back to the church from his office before saying goodbye. Now I can look at my little doll whenever I want reminding of my vocation! I feel so blessed and loved by our Lord right now.

Thank all of your for your prayers for me. I am praying for all of you as well!

AccountDeleted

Here's a photo of the little doll that Father Thomas gave me - isn't she cute? I need to think of a name for her!

My only criticism is that she is hardly discalced!!! :rolleyes:

[img]http://www.geocities.com/annierosha/nuns/doll2.JPG[/img]

cathoholic_anonymous

This must make it seem as if the Magnificat was written exclusively for you, nunsense. :cloud9: May God continue to bless and reward you richly as you prepare for entrance.

Sr Lesley, the novice at Quidenham, has a little Carmelite doll, too. I saw it on the bookshelf in the novitiate. I expect it was created as a present for Sr Lesley by one of the other sisters, as it looks just like the her. :)

[quote name='alicemary' post='1220437' date='Mar 27 2007, 08:33 AM']When the Lord gives He gives abundantly. May you continue to experience the gift of His peace.
AliceMary[/quote]

Ditto!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: