An Old School Catholic Message Board

Olam

Jennifer

There are some lovely photographs of two recent ceremonies at OLAM :-

The First Profession of Sister Mary Rose and Solemn Profession of Sister Augustine Marie. Both sisters look radiant.!!

[url="http://www.olamshrine.com/olam/highlights.htm"]http://www.olamshrine.com/olam/highlights.htm[/url]

Ora et Labora

i miss that place sooooooo much!!!! i'm going for 5 days with my friend in late april...and...i CAN'T WAIT!! :yahoo:

[quote name='Cardinals Flower' post='1215868' date='Mar 19 2007, 12:31 PM']:yahoo: i can't wait either
I'm the friend she's going with[/quote]

I can't wait until the friars build the friary there, so I can live there! Pray that it be built soon!

my blog: [url="http://veritas-lsoliman.blogspot.com/"]http://veritas-lsoliman.blogspot.com/[/url]

cathoholic_anonymous

Lauren, you are one of the most courageous people I've ever met online. Prayers for you.

I don't want to be intrusive, but...how is your discernment going now? (You don't have to answer if you don't want to.) If I were in America, I wouldn't know where to start looking with all the communities you have over there. That beautiful Carmel at Terre Haute? The Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus? The Sisters of the Resurrection? The Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara? I would be leaping all over the map like an overexcited frog...

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Cardinals Flower' post='1215868' date='Mar 19 2007, 01:31 PM']:yahoo: i can't wait either
I'm the friend she's going with[/quote]

:thumbsup: yay for us!!!!!!!! :D:

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1216366' date='Mar 20 2007, 08:53 AM']Lauren, you are one of the most courageous people I've ever met online. Prayers for you.

I don't want to be intrusive, but...how is your discernment going now? (You don't have to answer if you don't want to.) If I were in America, I wouldn't know where to start looking with all the communities you have over there. That beautiful Carmel at Terre Haute? The Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus? The Sisters of the Resurrection? The Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara? I would be leaping all over the map like an overexcited frog...[/quote]

Thank you... only by God's grace!! My discernment is going just fine. I have found a couple of communities with whom I might fit (nameless for a while longer:)). The door is open at both, and both are encouraging me to take as much time as I need to make a decision. I am guessing it will be a good six months before a decision is made/I enter somewhere else, and both the communities and I are in agreement that that is the best way to go for me at this point.

There are indeed a lot of awesome communities in America, praise God. We have been really blessed, especially in the last decade. Thankfully I've been discerning for a [i]long time[/i], so I have narrowed it down pretty well. :)

God bless!
Lauren

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1216426' date='Mar 20 2007, 08:46 AM']Thank you... only by God's grace!! My discernment is going just fine. I have found a couple of communities with whom I might fit (nameless for a while longer:)). The door is open at both, and both are encouraging me to take as much time as I need to make a decision. I am guessing it will be a good six months before a decision is made/I enter somewhere else, and both the communities and I are in agreement that that is the best way to go for me at this point.

There are indeed a lot of awesome communities in America, praise God. We have been really blessed, especially in the last decade. Thankfully I've been discerning for a [i]long time[/i], so I have narrowed it down pretty well. :)

God bless!
Lauren[/quote]

I think of you alot . Whatever the Lord gave you at OLAM you will bring to whatever community you eventually join. I was so sure I'd be in a cloistered community and I find that's not where He wants me. You'll know, I'm glad you're taking time.

love and prayers,
Piamaria