An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholics Have To Submit To The Pope No Matter How Wicked

Budge

I wish I had a Roman Catholic Catechism, but all I have is the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Why is that? Because there are multiple rites within the Catholic Church and the Rites share the same theology but differing rituals because rituals are more for us than God.

"RC" is being overused, which is par for the course, but understand that it hurts your credibility. I've said this before but apparently it has not sunk in. Know what you attack before you attack it.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1223163' date='Mar 30 2007, 05:03 PM']I wish I had a Roman Catholic Catechism, but all I have is the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Why is that? Because there are multiple rites within the Catholic Church and the Rites share the same theology but differing rituals because rituals are more for us than God.

"RC" is being overused, which is par for the course, but understand that it hurts your credibility. I've said this before but apparently it has not sunk in. Know what you attack before you attack it.[/quote]Thank you for your well thought out, useful , and credible advice. I thank you for instructing me about how the Catechism of the Catholic Church is applicable to every 'Catholic' Church and not just the Rites in Communion with the Latin Church based in Rome. Someone needs to tell the Eastern Orthodox Catholics so they can buy one.

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1223199' date='Mar 30 2007, 05:58 PM']Thank you for your well thought out, useful , and credible advice. I thank you for instructing me about how the Catechism of the Catholic Church is applicable to every 'Catholic' Church and not just the Rites in Communion with the Latin Church based in Rome. Someone needs to tell the Eastern Orthodox Catholics so they can buy one.[/quote]I'm a Maronite, and I own a copy.

• 2 years later...

What your new spiritual leader doesn't understand is the difference between the office and the man.

In spite of all the questionable actions of all the popes through history, the Church has not once changed a doctrine or dogma to support these acts. Isn't that bizzarre? Did not the "Church of England" for for the express purpose of giving support to its leader's immoral decisions? Join that one. Christ never promised those leading His Church would be good guys. The funny hat doesn't take away free will or the stain of sin.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1837031' date='Apr 16 2009, 02:54 AM']Haven't seen Budge in a long time.[/quote]
i do miss her

[quote name='Winchester' post='1837118' date='Apr 16 2009, 04:51 AM']What your new spiritual leader doesn't understand is the difference between the office and the man.[/quote]

No he or she or whatever it is, is not my new spirtual leader. Just the stuff budge post is easy to grasp on to because I think there is truth in there. Budge is bearing false witness but a one world religous system is coming. I think budge is just wrong about the roman catholic church being the head of it through the pope. But indeed an antichrist is coming and will perfrom miracles even making fire come down from the sky. So we need to be ready and that is where Budge has an argument. Prayers for budge.

and dude can you get me into modlig ?
come on.

Edited by Guest

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Selah' post='1837463' date='Apr 16 2009, 03:01 PM']She was a lot of fun :P[/quote]
She left before I joined. I never had the pleasure. :(
She seems to be a bit of a legend though.
Definitely a bit of a polarizing person, from what I've heard of her and read of her old posts.

princessgianna

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1838667' date='Apr 17 2009, 01:53 PM']She left before I joined. I never had the pleasure. :(
She seems to be a bit of a legend though.
Definitely a bit of a polarizing person, from what I've heard of her and read of her old posts.[/quote]
Yea really! i think i missed out!