An Old School Catholic Message Board

Being Born-again Of The Incorruptable Seed, The Word Of God

FullTruth

[quote name='1 Peter 1:22-24' date=' KJV']Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:[/quote]

Let me share a small story about my walk with God, and what I call pratical faith - applying scripture in everyday situations that come up.

I never really considered myself to be leadership material for the first 30 years of my life. Leaders have to be accountable for so many people under them, so I didn't want that kind of life. Things have changed a little bit for me, but I am still hesitant to taking a leadership role for anything I am not passionate about.

So when I was asked to be the Editor of the College paper for a one-week rotation, I pretty much freaked. I was responsible for every single reporter under me. Even if it was five people, I didn't care, I freaked. The very first day - the Friday, I went nuts. I couldn't keep my head above water, trying to figure things out.

But when I sat down during the weekend, I realized something. If God is in control, and he is, than he made me the editor that week, because Scripture says leadership is given by God to men, and an Editor is a leader, than God made me the editor.

[quote name='Proverbs 8:15-17' date=' JPS'][b]By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.[/b] I love them that love me, and those that seek me earnestly shall find me.[/quote]

Instantly, God's word expanded my mind. From someone who considered himself not to be a leader, to someone who God had given him the responsibility of leadership, trusting him enough to lead five people.

Repenting of your sins and being Baptized and filled with the holy ghost is only the beginning of your Christian walk. Every so often, God presents you situations which challange you to overcome the limitations you put on your faith, so he can be glorified.

What happened GodChaser, you may ask?

Although the paper went out 15 minutes late, with no small hinderance that our production manager for the week was extremely irresponsible - showing up a 1 1/2 hours after start time, I never freaked out, and I did pretty well as the editor, which gave me experience for the next time I was a leader as production manager, which I flawlessly executed because I made goals and achieved them - We were 15 ahead the next time.

So everyday application of God's word changes you. I no longer think I can't be a leader, because God trusted me with leadership roles in the past. So the old GodChaser died, and a new one was born-again because he believed in the incorruptable seed, the word of God, emerged and has stayed since.

Since then, I have had many, many changes to the way I use to think and believe, and with each application of scripture, I have grown in the faith that Jesus Christ has given us, Praise God.

Edited by FullTruth

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1214464' date='Mar 16 2007, 10:30 AM']So why is this in debate? :idontknow:[/quote]
I was unsure which board to post this on. Probably open mic would have been better.