An Old School Catholic Message Board

My New Blog!

lsoliman

[quote name='Son of Our Lady of Good Counsel' post='1214496' date='Mar 16 2007, 10:52 AM']Thanks!

Well, I'll enter as a postulant, then a brother, then a priest. It's the typical religious life process, its been like that for almost 800 years so I guess it works! LOL![/quote]

You will be a brother at the beginning, but then you can choose between the priesthood and permanent brotherhood. Saint Francis himself was a permanent brother, never becoming a priest. I am assuming you are hoping to go the "priest" route :)

There are currently six MFVA priests. The rest of the perpetual professed are permanent brothers however. Brother Leo, for example, is a permanent brother.

Edited by Totus Tuus

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1215140' date='Mar 17 2007, 04:38 PM']You will be a brother at the beginning, but then you can choose between the priesthood and permanent brotherhood. Saint Francis himself was a permanent brother, never becoming a priest. I am assuming you are hoping to go the "priest" route :)

There are currently six MFVA priests. The rest of the perpetual professed are permanent brothers however. Brother Leo, for example, is a permanent brother.[/quote]

Thanks Totus!

So what's your story (If I may be so bold)?

[quote name='Son of Our Lady of Good Counsel' post='1215900' date='Mar 19 2007, 03:15 PM']Thanks Totus!

So what's your story (If I may be so bold)?[/quote]

I was an Extern at Our Lady of the Angels Monastery :)