An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cfr Sisters Visit

the lords sheep

the lords sheep

I've hesitated to post this until now, because I am just visiting, but I am going to spend the weekend in the Bronx with the CFR Sisters. I'm really excited for the weekend, even though I'm pretty certain that this is not where God is calling me.
But either way, prayers, please for my and my friend that is going with me (she's the reason I'm going... I think she could fit very well there....)
Thank you phamily!! I'll keep you updated!
In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren

ps- while we're on prayer requests.... if you could please pray for me on Tuesday at lunchtime. I'm speaking about the dignity of women in Catholicism and about why the Vagina Monologues are inappropriate for a Catholic university and counter-productive to the effort to empower and give dignity to women. (they've already been denied for production on campus, but there's still a lot of controversy) Thank you!

:D: I hope that you and your friend have a wonderful time with the sisters and enjoy your visit . I will pray for you both Lauren and also for a successful talk today.
God Bless.........Jenni

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1212894' date='Mar 12 2007, 08:17 PM']I've hesitated to post this until now, because I am just visiting, but I am going to spend the weekend in the Bronx with the CFR Sisters. I'm really excited for the weekend, even though I'm pretty certain that this is not where God is calling me.
But either way, prayers, please for my and my friend that is going with me (she's the reason I'm going... I think she could fit very well there....)
Thank you phamily!! I'll keep you updated!
In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren

ps- while we're on prayer requests.... if you could please pray for me on Tuesday at lunchtime. I'm speaking about the dignity of women in Catholicism and about why the Vagina Monologues are inappropriate for a Catholic university and counter-productive to the effort to empower and give dignity to women. (they've already been denied for production on campus, but there's still a lot of controversy) Thank you![/quote]
excellent! .may God give you His peace, and Grace to hear, know ...then DO only His will...
and here is a CfR commemorative video...or 2

[url="http://ejvideo-place.blogspot.com/2007/02/franciscan-peace.html"]http://ejvideo-place.blogspot.com/2007/02/...scan-peace.html[/url]

[url="http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/studentwork/photo_doc/2005/essay.asp?Jaimal_Yogis"]http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/studentwork/ph...sp?Jaimal_Yogis[/url]

Edited by EJames

A coupe CFR sisters were in Indiana for our Youth 2000 retreat. I was able to talk with one of them for a bit. I think they are such a beautiful order- wonderful charism! I hope to visit them one of these days. I have had the desire to visit them for more than a few years...I'm just a bum. And they are in NY. Hard to make something like that happen. You'll be in my prayers.

the lords sheep

does anyone know what I should wear/ take? Sr. Clare hasn't gotten back to me, and I don't know what I need? Do I need nicer clothes? Work clothes? A skirt? Thanks!
In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren

Marieteresa

Hey Missy congrats on your visit to the CFR sisters, a friend of mine went to visit the brothers less than a month ago. He loved it, he said that they truely an austre life and he thought it was awesome how they would all jump in a "A team" (for those who saw that show back in the day) van and zip through New York city traffic while saying the rosary. They seem like an awesome community....Not sure what the weather would be like in NY...I would say some work clothes that are modest. Probably one nice set of clothes for sunday. Anyway, I hope your have a wonderful trip and that you keep us posted on how the trip went.

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1213955' date='Mar 15 2007, 01:11 AM']does anyone know what I should wear/ take? Sr. Clare hasn't gotten back to me, and I don't know what I need? Do I need nicer clothes? Work clothes? A skirt? Thanks!
In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren[/quote]

Probably some work clothes , I know when I have visited they have put me to work and I have gotten really dirty. So probbaly one set of clothing you don't mind working in and getting dirty

Usually when I visit an order I wear a long skirt and modest top. Tend to blend more! Please let us know how your visit goes!

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1213955' date='Mar 14 2007, 10:11 PM']does anyone know what I should wear/ take? Sr. Clare hasn't gotten back to me, and I don't know what I need? Do I need nicer clothes? Work clothes? A skirt? Thanks!
In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren[/quote]

I bring comfortable clothes for indoor and outdoor work, modest clothes-yes a skirt- for Mass and prayer times, quiet shoes that won't be loud on uncarpeted floors, a robe for night time, a chapel veil and ...a flashlight. I get lost easily. <_<

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1213955' date='Mar 15 2007, 01:11 AM']does anyone know what I should wear/ take? Sr. Clare hasn't gotten back to me, and I don't know what I need? Do I need nicer clothes? Work clothes? A skirt? Thanks!
In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren[/quote]

Personally, I am most comfortable at convents in long skirts with blouses and sweaters. It's the most comfortable thing that is still very appropriate and since you will generally be in and out of church a lot you always want to be presentable. It's very handy to have pockets on whatever you are wearing :) It needs to be something you can move around in as well, probably. I wouldn't recommend worrying about high-heeled shoes or anything dressy like that; I'd just go modest and comfortable. As for non-clothing items: Rosary, Bible, book for spiritual reading (or just the Bible...), a notebook, and a handbag is convenient but not absolutely necessary.

God bless!

AccountDeleted

Yes, God Bless You!

I recommend wearing a long skirt (with pockets) and a blouse. Also wear shoes that don't make a lot of noise on uncarpeted floor. My postulants list included black skirt, white blouse, black (quiet) shoes with black stockings. I hope this helps.

the lords sheep

The weekend was absolutely beautiful! Thank you all for your prayers. Life has been hectic (to say the least) since I got back, but hopefully tomorrow I will be able to give you all a full update. Until then, thank you again for your prayers and advice!

In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1216963' date='Mar 21 2007, 02:26 PM']The weekend was absolutely beautiful! Thank you all for your prayers. Life has been hectic (to say the least) since I got back, but hopefully tomorrow I will be able to give you all a full update. Until then, thank you again for your prayers and advice!

In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren[/quote]

Waiting impatiently :topsy: here

That's great that you had a good time. I'm going to visit this weekend (just overnight) so I can see the final profession. If I get pictures, I will make sure I post them.