An Old School Catholic Message Board

When Priests Pilfer

Urib2007

I know about the monopoly of evil in the media. It is why I don't watch TV... I don't understand why your mother believes in re-incarnation. There is no room for salvation there. If you die and rebirth there is no hell either... sketchy stuff if you get into it.

I would not describe a person who believes in reincarnation as a "devout Catholic"; instead, such a person appears to be uninformed about the true nature of the Catholic faith as far as it concerns the afterlife.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1212160' date='Mar 11 2007, 12:33 PM']I know about the monopoly of evil in the media. It is why I don't watch TV... I don't understand why your mother believes in re-incarnation. There is no room for salvation there. If you die and rebirth there is no hell either... sketchy stuff if you get into it.[/quote]

I think she believes in reincarnation because of my father's religious beliefs. He is into this religion called 'Self Realization' religion. I think it's pure nonsense. I've tried my utter best to convince her that reincarnation doesn't exist.
She is a devout Catholic. I think her beliefs got mixed up with my dad's new age mumbo jumbo.
She has statues of Mary all over the house, prays the rosary all the time and goes to church 4 times a week.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1211808' date='Mar 11 2007, 12:54 AM']It would seem you do not care about truth you were soundly defeated in the hate piece against JPII yet no apology for reprinting falsehoods just another hate piece. This thread has no other purpose other than your need to spread negativity .[/quote]

Hi, KnightofChrist. The reason I was "defeated soundly" is because the posts were deleted from the forum. No one was able to see them except for a few night owls surfing phatmass. I didn't print anything libel and I stand by my word that what I did post was TRUE.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1212208' date='Mar 11 2007, 04:14 PM']Hi, KnightofChrist. The reason I was "defeated soundly" is because the posts were deleted from the forum. No one was able to see them except for a few night owls surfing phatmass. I didn't print anything libel and I stand by my word that what I did post was TRUE.[/quote]

I do not believe it would much matter what you had written. What was said about the Pope and buddhism and what the Pope actually said about buddhism were completely different. Which is why you remain soundly defeated on the issue.

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1212183' date='Mar 11 2007, 04:26 PM']I think she believes in reincarnation because of my father's religious beliefs. He is into this religion called 'Self Realization' religion. I think it's pure nonsense. I've tried my utter best to convince her that reincarnation doesn't exist.
She is a devout Catholic. I think her beliefs got mixed up with my dad's new age mumbo jumbo.
She has statues of Mary all over the house, prays the rosary all the time and goes to church 4 times a week.[/quote]

Don't see how she is devout... tell her to read the Catechism... does she 'believe' in confession? (that's usually a hard hitter for certain 'devout' people)

[quote]I think she believes in reincarnation because of my father's religious beliefs. He is into this religion called 'Self Realization' religion. I think it's pure nonsense. I've tried my utter best to convince her that reincarnation doesn't exist.
She has statues of Mary all over the house, prays the rosary all the time and goes to church 4 times a week.[/quote]

It is good that she prays the rosary and goes to church so often. But she sounds quite confused. If she is elderly or something I wouldn't say she is being deliberately impious... although one would hope that good catechesis would protect from such errors.

[quote name='Maggie' post='1212251' date='Mar 11 2007, 03:23 PM']It is good that she prays the rosary and goes to church so often. But she sounds quite confused. If she is elderly or something I wouldn't say she is being deliberately impious... although one would hope that good catechesis would protect from such errors.[/quote]

Too bad she doesn't go online much because I'd tell her to join Phatmass and you guys could tell her all about how reincarnation is a lie. :)

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1211808' date='Mar 11 2007, 03:54 AM']Shall I post preacher after preacher that has stolen money from their Churches? Because I can... I could probably if you would reveal it hundreds of preachers from your own denomination which have stolen money from their churches, but what would that prove, that your church is of the devil? Or those men have sinned?

And what is the point of your post? Do you think because of these two priest that somehow the whole of the church is evil?
It is as if you are a drive by killer, you shoot round after round into the faithfuls houses. It would seem you do not care about truth you were soundly defeated in the hate piece against JPII yet no apology for reprinting falsehoods just another hate piece. This thread has no other purpose other than your need to spread negativity .[/quote]
I hate to say this, but when you add Urib2007 post, with yours, it equals we shouldn't have any church organization or denominations.

That is why I'm staying non-denominational, until such time God tells me something different.

No I do not think Urib + Rev = no church. I think Jesus + Peter the rock holding keys = yes to Universal (CATHOLIC) Church. :). Christ is infalliable not Rev and Urib.

No I do not think Urib + Rev = no church. I think Jesus + Peter the rock holding keys = yes to Universal (CATHOLIC) Church. :). Christ is infalliable not Rev and Urib.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1212349' date='Mar 11 2007, 08:25 PM']I hate to say this, but when you add Urib2007 post, with yours, it equals we shouldn't have any church organization or denominations.

That is why I'm staying non-denominational, until such time God tells me something different.[/quote]

Truth,

The sins of a few is no reason not to trust in the Bride of Christ, Holy Mother Church. One could use the same reasoning you have and have no faith in Christ at all because of the sins of those that preach His Holy name. And in fact many do use this accuse. They simply take it one step more, than you have. You the do not believe in the Holy Bride of Christ, they do not believe in Christ or His Bride.

Christ does tell us different, and His Bride is not a "denominational church", she is the Church.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1212383' date='Mar 11 2007, 09:54 PM']Truth,
The sins of a few is no reason not to trust in the Bride of Christ, Holy Mother Church. One could use the same reasoning you have and have no faith in Christ at all because of the sins of those that preach His Holy name. And in fact many do use this accuse. They simply take it one step more, than you have. You the do not believe in the Holy Bride of Christ, they do not believe in Christ or His Bride.

Christ does tell us different, and His Bride is not a "denominational church", she is the Church.[/quote]

that is excuse not accuse.... whoops :pinch:

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1212240' date='Mar 11 2007, 03:06 PM']Don't see how she is devout... tell her to read the Catechism... does she 'believe' in confession? (that's usually a hard hitter for certain 'devout' people)[/quote]

Sorry for forgetting to answer your question. Yes, she believes in confession. :-)