An Old School Catholic Message Board

Things I Disagree With Peter Kreeft On

Budge

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Budge' post='1213298' date='Mar 13 2007, 11:01 PM']True Christians have nothing in common {CONCORD} with those in the bondage of false religions. they should be spending their time converting them to Christ rather then doing 'save the planet and or *culture*" projects.[/quote]This is a wonderful opportunity to highlight yet another difference between Budgianity and Christianity. In Christianity, we are called to help our neighbor, even if there's not a guarantee that they will convert. So-called charity which is conditional based on a recipient's conversion is a parody of the true virtue of charity. This false charity is seen all-too-often practiced by evangelicals.

Yuck.

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1213331' date='Mar 13 2007, 10:22 PM']This is a wonderful opportunity to highlight yet another difference between Budgianity and Christianity. In Christianity, we are called to help our neighbor, even if there's not a guarantee that they will convert. So-called charity which is conditional based on a recipient's conversion is a parody of the true virtue of charity. This false charity is seen all-too-often practiced by evangelicals.

Yuck.[/quote]
yeah ... "get your act together, and then we'll help you out."

[quote]I do not think that is placed out of sight out of mind, Budge, but right now if you have not noticed we are facing a vast spread of the secularist blight throughout the world.[/quote]Actually secular humanism has failed to take over in the world, what is taking over is pantheistic pagan global spirituality and Rome is right there in support.

[quote]also, to say that we have nothing in common with those in false religions is idiotic. First, we both believe in God. Wow, thats something in common. second, many religions believe in many of the same characteristics of God. Hm, another shared belief! Islam itself means surrender.....do you believe we should surrender ourselves to teh will of God, or is your Will law? Because if you believe in truth....that means another commonality (if thats a word smile.gif). anyway think before you post things, and maybe try to read scripture to find out what it intended to say, not what you want it to say.[/quote]

Allah of Islam is not God but a demon.

[quote]This is a wonderful opportunity to highlight yet another difference between Budgianity and Christianity. In Christianity, we are called to help our neighbor, even if there's not a guarantee that they will convert. So-called charity which is conditional based on a recipient's conversion is a parody of the true virtue of charity. This false charity is seen all-too-often practiced by evangelicals[/quote].

Sure feed the body while feeding the soul, a christian should help those they are witnessing too. Every Christian missionary I know does so.

but global UN projects and yoking to false religions which will teach their lies to people is something else. That matches the Tower of BABEL!

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1213429' date='Mar 14 2007, 10:07 AM']Sure feed the body while feeding the soul, a christian should help those they are witnessing too. Every Christian missionary I know does so.

but global UN projects and yoking to false religions which will teach their lies to people is something else. That matches the Tower of BABEL![/quote]

So you only want to feed people you might be able to personally convert? And you think have feeding program with someone not of your own particular cult is wrong, you perfer people to starve instead?

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Budge' post='1213429' date='Mar 14 2007, 10:07 AM']Sure feed the body while feeding the soul, a christian should help those they are witnessing too. Every Christian missionary I know does so.[/quote]If your own witness is any indication, I don't think the warped ideology of "independent fundamentalist baptists" feed anyone's soul.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1213557' date='Mar 14 2007, 12:38 PM']Where did I say to starve anyone?

Sheesh.[/quote]

Budge said:"but global UN projects and yoking to false religions which will teach their lies to people is something else"

Churches with the UN to feed people are doing the work of Christ.

[quote name='Budge' post='1213429' date='Mar 14 2007, 09:07 AM']Actually secular humanism has failed to take over in the world, what is taking over is pantheistic pagan global spirituality and Rome is right there in support.

Allah of Islam is not God but a demon.

Sure feed the body while feeding the soul, a christian should help those they are witnessing too. Every Christian missionary I know does so.

but global UN projects and yoking to false religions which will teach their lies to people is something else. That matches the Tower of BABEL![/quote]

Gah here we go again... prove that secularism is not spreading! Prove to me that the banning of crosses and worship of God in the public life is not being abolished! Prove to me that the whole entire world except you are delusional about God. Prove to me! Prove to me! Prove to me! I dare say you are going out on a limb calling 'Allah' a demon. I dare you to say that in front of a Muslim. Actually, better yet, get a Muslim to explain their God to you. Heck, get 10 different Muslims to explain their God to you. Then eat your words. Heck, invite them to lunch. Put away the fire and brimstone. Be happy for once.