An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pia In Transition

Piamaria

Hi Pham. Please pray for me as I finish at work and leave my apartment. It's a valuable experience but not exactly easy: joy-filled and painful at the same time. This is my last full week at work. I'm truly going to miss seeing these faces on a regular basis. I guess you can't not get close to folks you spend so much time with. I'm walking around with a big lump in my throat. Also my cat, Aria, is now living with my best friend; she's doing well but I'm a little lonely. I think the Lord must just shake His head over me. :rolleyes: Because at the same time that all this saying good-bye is hard..my heart is beating with eagerness and excitement as each Sunday of Lent brings me closer to entering. I will be spending the triduum at a retreat house and then going to visit with family after Easter. On Friday I'm flying to Pittsburg and will rent a car to drive to Steubenville on Saturday. Most of my stuff is already there so I'll just have a bag for travel. Divine Mercy Sunday is the Day. Please pray for me.

Eventually the pictures will be on the web-site so you can see how I manage my "hair trauma." :lol_roll:

I am offerring all this transition stuff to the Lord especially for my fellow discerners.

love and prayers,
Piamaria

You are truly living Lent this year, emptying yourself totally. God go with you dear! How excited we are all for you.
AliceMary

Piamaria:

I understand what you're going through -- I just got rid of the majority of my stuff in preparation for my own entrance. I leave my apartment at the end of April ... now whether I enter another apartment that's 1/2 the rent on a month-by-month or whether I shortly thereafter go to Argentina I don't know yet.

Praying for you.

-- Carmen

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1210010' date='Mar 7 2007, 05:07 PM']Piamaria:

I understand what you're going through -- I just got rid of the majority of my stuff in preparation for my own entrance. I leave my apartment at the end of April ... now whether I enter another apartment that's 1/2 the rent on a month-by-month or whether I shortly thereafter go to Argentina I don't know yet.

Praying for you.

-- Carmen[/quote]

You are in my prayers in a special way. :blowkiss:

[quote name='Pia' post='1213154' date='Mar 13 2007, 04:13 PM']Tomorrow is my last day at work. There is a "farewell lunch" :sadder: planned. Please pray that it goes well.[/quote]
:bigpray:

I'm officially unemployed. It feels a little weird not going to work today. Everyone was so kind yesterday and they gave me a check -very nice- and a lovely bouquet of flowers. I'm not doing anything much until after the Feast of St. Joseph. :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: Then the "lasts" begin again. <_<

aw, I know that must be hard. But just remember who you are giving this all to, for whom you are giving it up for :) Despite the sacrifices, I believe it will all pay off in the end, when you are pleasing God and fulfilling your vocation. God Bless you! I will keep you in my prayers.