An Old School Catholic Message Board

Visiting

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

Hi everyone,
Please keep me in your prayers. I am visiting the Religious Sisters of Mercy (www.rsmofalma.com) for 5 days. I am leaving in 3 days!!
Please pray that I will be open to hear God's voice... a yes, a no, a not yet, a now, a never. I want to finish school before I try the religious life, but I don't know if that is God's will too. I am having a hard time surrendering that.
Thank you, and I will pray for you all during our daily Holy Hour!!!!

Just relax and enjoy the company of this community. Observe, take a few notes, ask questions, but just enjoy learning a little more each time you visit a community.

I know you'll have a wonderful time. Ven Catherine McAulay is one of my favorite people in heaven. Lots of prayers from me.

God bless your travels and may Mary help you open your heart wide to whatever Jesus is calling you to be!!

hoosieranna

Good luck. They seem pretty cool. They've done a good job of updating the habit.

Edited by Nadezhda

Just go with an open heart and mind. They look like such a together community. Be yourself, you ae pretty special ya know.
Fill us in on the details please, when you get back.
AliceMary

I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you have a wonderful visit. Just be open to whatever God has for you. i'd be interested to hear how your visit goes, my spiritual director just made a comment recently that I sh ould maybe look into them, so I'm a bit curious.

I met them sort of in passing -- I went to Alma for my psych eval when I entered the 1st time around. They seemed like a solid, traditional group.

-- Carmen

be_thou_my_vision

Okay!! This will be my last post before I leave! I have Office Hours right now for sorority stuff, then a meeting, then powderpuff practice (eeek!), then sleep, class tomorrow at 8am, then I'm off! I'm so excited! Keep my in your prayers for safe travel and an open heart! God Bless!

Safe trip and favorable weather. Please post when you get back. I think you're the first PM'er to go visit them, and they do look like a wonderful community. ;)