An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sr. Janet's Video!

DeoOptimoMaximo

DeoOptimoMaximo

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

DEO GRATIAS!!!

Sister Janet (TeresaAvila)'s entrance to the Pink Sisters and vocation video has been posted on Fox 2 St. Louis website!!! Here's the link:

[url="http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=9FE882E6E5DC8F7FFE6EA5695504DA6B?contentId=2570637&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1"]http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/Home/D...mp;pageId=1.1.1[/url][/url]

If it doesn't work type "Fox 2 St. Louis" on GOOGLE, and then on the website type "nun" in the search bar!

Prayers! :saint:

God Bless!

~Seminarian Shawn

Thanks Shawn, I thought they did a great story. Her former parish isn't far at all from my own. What a small world this is.... :rolleyes:

Good video. I can understand that the desicsion must be very hard, especialy since she probably won't meet her father again

be_thou_my_vision

Wow, that was nice! That's sad about her family, but it's good to see that she has other supporting her.
Just a question... do the pink sisters have a postulancy? It looked like she went right into being a novice...

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1208616' date='Mar 5 2007, 01:55 PM']Wow, that was nice! That's sad about her family, but it's good to see that she has other supporting her.
Just a question... do the pink sisters have a postulancy? It looked like she went right into being a novice...[/quote]

Yes, they have a postulancy; the narrator slipped up there by calling her a novice. Janet was wearing the postulant dress and head covering typical of the Adoration Sisters. Novices wear a white floor length habit and veil covering all hair. I don't think you get a pink/rose habit until you make vows.

Very well done story. I think it's neat how they actually showed her entering as well as brought up the difficulties with her family.

[quote name='stlmom' post='1208673' date='Mar 5 2007, 04:54 PM']Yes, they have a postulancy; the narrator slipped up there by calling her a novice. Janet was wearing the postulant dress and head covering typical of the Adoration Sisters. Novices wear a white floor length habit and veil covering all hair. I don't think you get a pink/rose habit until you make vows.[/quote]
Sometimes anyone in [i]formation[/i] (postulancy, novitiate, and junior vows) is called "novice", but it probably was a mistake on the part of the narrator.

DiscerningSoul

For some reason the video won't play for me :sadder:
I am so happy for her!!!

Me and her met online over three years ago and we comforted each other in tough times and we talked on the phone for hours! and of course we emailed and IM'ed each other, thou we never met, we feel like sisters joined at the hip! I miss her already but I know she is where God has called her to be.
I am still helping her pay off some bills and promissed her I'd write, I know she can't write durning Lent(common in convents this time of year). She is such a good person, her voice always cheerful and bright.

I am soooo happy for her!!!

Jessica
[url="http://www.xanga.com/ADiscerningSoul"]http://www.xanga.com/ADiscerningSoul[/url]

Sr Mary Catharine OP

I didn't realize that this is the Janet who was in touch with me when I first became Novice Mistress! I'm so happy for her!
I'm surprised the community let the media follow this. Usually, communities are a bit hesitant for entrance ceremonies. But it is a wonderful witness!

Deo Gratias!

Sr. mary Catharine

:P: :D: Thank you Shawn for sharing this lovely video of Sister Janet's entrance . Her journey to the cloister has not been easy ,but she looked radiant on her special day. We are really priviliged to be able to share this with her and her new family. May God bless her and all her sisters. :lol:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

How beautiful. It must be so tough though... :( I will keep her in my prayers! Praised be Jesus Christ for her yes!

[quote name='Jennirom' post='1209021' date='Mar 6 2007, 04:33 AM']:P: :D: Thank you Shawn for sharing this lovely video of Sister Janet's entrance . Her journey to the cloister has not been easy ,but she looked radiant on her special day. We are really priviliged to be able to share this with her and her new family. May God bless her and all her sisters. :lol:[/quote]

Ditto!!

Let's also pray for her Dad.